1995 Montero SR Build

No major updates have been made to the truck, but I did replace the driver's side door handle after breaking it off during the recent Icemageddon of 2013 in DFW. I ordered from ebay the driver and passenger side handles (better value) but I think they must have shipped straight from Taiwan as they came in earlier this week (after ordering in December). Thankfully the installation was fairly fast. Start to finish 30 minutes or less. The only problem I have is that the handles have a glossy finish instead of a matte /weathered finish compared to the older handles.

1013294_10100164311745361_1105425379_n.jpg

scarecrow3187

I have a stock 95 monty LS. Do you think think the 33s would fit fine? I don't have a lift or anything...yet. I was thinking going 33x10.50x15.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
It's his first post so he may not be familiar with forum etiquette.

Scarecrow, on this and any forum there are usually a lot of frequently asked questions and as you might imagine to those who have been here for a while hearing the same question asked over and over and over can get old quick. Common etiquette for forums is to search first and if you can't find an answer to your question, then ask. If you did search already you should indicated it in the question so we don't assume you haven't done that yet.

Also, another common etiquette is to ask this on your own thread instead of sidetracking LaOutbackTrail's build thread.

HTH.

33x10.50 tires fit perfectly without a lift. The 12.50 width works, with very minor rubbing. If you plan to install any sort of lift you will be fine.

And as Ray mentioned, searching is your friend. Google works best for me. I usually type "expeditionportal.com subject of inquiry" to find answers.

And yes, I've answered this question at least on this thread at least a dozen times.... But with nearly 600 posts... good luck finding them.

Oh and welcome to the board. ExPo is a great place full of know it alls....

Chili

Explorer
Yes this is my first time on any forum. This is all new to me, so thank you for explaining to me.

This is one of the more polite forums, the same faux pas on some other boards can get ugly. :p

Welcome!

No major updates have been made to the truck, but I did replace the driver's side door handle after breaking it off during the recent Icemageddon of 2013 in DFW.

I almost broke the handle off on my Suburban, trying to get into it during that same time. :eek:

Oh man, sorry to hear that you are selling this. It looks like you and your family have thoroughly enjoyed the places this Rugged Montero has taken all of you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes sir! Its been a good rig. We found a good deal on a 2006 double cab Tundra and when I called yesterday afternoon to ensure it was still there, they assured me It was, so drove the hour to the dealership and they sold it before we arrived. Rats.

Prior to my lust for the Tundra was the GX 470. And we are still back and forth on which rig will be next. Leaning towards the versatility of the Tundra though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven