1995 Montero SR Build

It's the little things, right? I just replaced the passenger side mirror after hail broke it. Then fixed the shakey mirror on the drivers side.

uploadfromtaptalk1373205306565.jpg

GFO

Observer
How did you fix the shaky mirror on the driver's side? My Monty suffers from the same condition.

Unscrew the mirror and see what the problem is. Mine was that the plastic tabs that hold the mirror in were broken... so I simply mended them with wire.

I have had ongoing issues with my rear door latch and the handle. I finally engineered a simple and effective means of unlatching the rear door.
2yvysagy.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1373750073636.jpg

So essentially, the original handle to activate the latch was made of plastic. It broke, so I drilled it out and put a machine screw. When that finally broke too, I was forced to gut the handle and rig it so that the actuation rod was wire tied into a position so i can just push it with my finger to actuate the latch.

Last edited:
Nice! You ought to sell a conversion kit. I'd be in the market for plug and play kit!

It wouldn't be worth my time!!

It's an easy conversion, so easy this cave man could do it!

Also, I noticed my rear cargo door to not be sealing at the top. The top edge of the door extends PASSED the gutter mount!! I see that the hinge mounts are slotted, so I will attempt straightening it out by levering the door.

I started working on my cargo box...
ydajyvyg.jpg

I'm sorry for the early morning sun anlgle... gotta get out while It's still cool.

Basically we have a shelf over the fridge. This gives us room above the fridge Where we store our dry foods in rubbemaid containers. On the right side I opted to not go with a drawer. Instead, I'm doing a hinged lid. This way the 'stuff can be 'stuffed into the bin. Less dead space. Less weight overall. I think the whole setup so far weighs less than 20lbs. We'll be bringing our mutt on this trip so the dog Will go on the right side of the system. She's a 55# kennel trained boxer that has been out west before.

e3yhe4y4.jpg

Now we just have another two legged critter that likes to growl and go ruff ruff.
uzepe3uv.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375017359390.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375017359390.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
Here's a better view of my design. Still working on it, I plan to mostly finish it this evening. I'm surprised at how incredibly rigid it is for the weight. I tried to use the least amount of material as possible while still maintaining a lot of strength and a modular design. I still need to make a hinge for the storage side and box it in with plywood/ expanded metal (like you see in the cargo divider behind the back seat).

1077599_969021292021_1440023533_o.jpg

I had the bit of shelving in the corner of the garage, so I zip tied it into place to see how I liked it and how it fit. I think I'll leave it and use that space for our jackets.

Found the passenger aide cv boot had a crack in it. Not sure how long It's been like that..... I've checked before each trip. But it was dry and rusty.....and worn out....

New one won't be here till Monday.

uploadfromtaptalk1375584519825.jpg

And yes there was s plenty of slack in the ABS wire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven