1995 Montero SR Build

Clem

Adventurer
@LaOutbackTrail

Thanks for posting the info on transmission gear ratios. I had been wondering if the Gen II and Gen II.5 have different gear ratios and it looks like they do or at least can.

The 1998 FSM states "The automatic transmissions come in one model, namely, V4AW3".

Clem

GFO

Observer
Yeah but those guys are well paid engineers... thats why they are there r o figure those things out...
Probably going to end up going with Valvoline Max Life. it states Dex/Merc on the bottle, but it says it meets "Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II and SP-III" requirements. It's also synthetic and I found it online (@ walmart) for $23.00 a gallon. Even with $5-$6 in shipping, that's pretty cheap.

Last edited:
Time to redesign my cargo area... I need to fit the fridge, dry foods, a dog, auxiliary battery, and compressor. The fridge may switch to the other side area and the dry foods will go on top. There will be a divider to keep the dog on her side. Now to decide on the materials and design. My goal will be to use the space more efficiently than the current set up.
uploadfromtaptalk1372565656252.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1372565673058.jpg

Last edited:

Cruisn

Adventurer
Time to redesign my cargo area... I need to fit the fridge, dry foods, a dog, auxiliary battery, and compressor. The fridge may switch to the other side area and the dry foods will go on top. There will be a divider to keep the dog on her side. Now to decide on the materials and design. My goal will be to use the space more efficiently than the current set up.
View attachment 169917
View attachment 169918

We did the same thing today, jsut on opposite sides of the globe.

Cruisn

Adventurer
Have you considered sheet metal? Save you a few inches of space here and there.

That is why I ripped mine out. lol. heavy heavy heavy. unless you use ally, whihc requires special welding and if you end up with the wrong grade doesnt take well to neding over tight 90* bends.

Cruisn

Adventurer
If you're feelin saucy, you can order tanks from 4wdsystems.com <- maybe .au after taht... not sure. that is where I got my tank. tough as nails and perfect fit. but it was 900 for the tank

Installed a set of super winch manual hubs on the Monty. Also replaced the brake fluid and got the axle buttoned back up... but will need to look at the brake on that axle again. I think I bent the ABS speed sensor dust shield now It's ratchety sounding.

uploadfromtaptalk1373084239740.jpg

off-roader

Expedition Leader
If you're feelin saucy, you can order tanks from 4wdsystems.com <- maybe .au after taht... not sure. that is where I got my tank. tough as nails and perfect fit. but it was 900 for the tank
It'll probably be $1500 to get one shipped here. :(
Scott, Nice!! Where did you find a set of Superwinch hubs?

Cruisn

Adventurer
Interesting, it was 300 bucks for me to ship a pallet of 33x10.5 tyres from the states... air mail, 4 days to arrive. full of win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven