1996 snow runner

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
its just a fieldline from walmart, cost me $40. i used screws with fender washers and just screwed it to the hatch. i already knew my hatch struts were getting weak so i had planned on buying some new ones before winter (when they really wont work) but ended up ordering some today cause it wants to close with the weight of the shotgun in there.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
did some exploring friday after work and got the runner a little muddy so today i pulled it into the wash bay at work and proceeded to take a strip of clear coat off AND pearl paint under it (thanks previous owner).

changed the brakes on the front since my rotors were warped and my driver side caliper was froze (likely cause of warped rotor). was waiting for the wife to show up so i could have her help me bleed the brakes. while i was waiting i decided to do something about the clear coat.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
ordered two spindle hinges from atozfab this weekend, gonna build a rear bumper with dual swing outs. also ordered two 7" HID lights.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
friday after work i pulled the rear bumper off ( already have the stock bumpers sold)

had to drill a hole in the floor to be able to get a bolt out that the captured nut broke loose

spent saturday building the new rear bumper, not alot of pics of building it. built my own nut strip to put in the frame rails

before i pulled the bumper and hitch off this was my ground clearance

and after

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
worked on it more today, its not finished but its about 75% done, i have to run a license plate light, 2 more braces on the receiver tube, and im going to build a basket for the driver side to carry gas cans/ ice chest/ firewood/ etc.

also gave it a second coat of undercoating

checking for any rubbing issues, it can flex pretty decent for mostly stock.

now that the spare is out from under it, i can start looking for an auxillary fuel tank from a mid 90's ford to install in the place of the spare and double my mileage.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
just some maintenance today

left side came out, right side went in

right now im getting a full size spare mounted for it.

Willman

Nice runner!

Hows the plasti-dip holding up?

Still getting 20 MPG's?

Your rear bumper looks great. Nice work!

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
Nice runner!

Hows the plasti-dip holding up?

Still getting 20 MPG's?

Your rear bumper looks great. Nice work!

thanks

my mpg started slipping but i think it was the plugs, it started to run a little rough but runs ALOT better now.

the black on the sides is actually undercoating, not plasti-dip

thanks on the bumper, its still only about half way done, i still need to finish the sides and build a basket for the driver side swing out.

warrpath4x4

Adventurer
worked on he rear bumper a little, got the frame mounts braced and a better latch system worked out, also got some better backup lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3