1999 GMC Yukon Build

noJeepshere

Adventurer
The pump runs for a few seconds (it is very quiet) and bumping the key and waiting a few seconds to let the pressure build does no good.

sent from a slablet

justcuz

Explorer
If this does this only in cold weather, I would check your fuel delivery system.
Since this is a Vortec engine with the fuel spider web inside the intake, make sure all you upper intake bolts are tightened properly. Check your injector solenoid and fuses, just pull them out look at the connectors to make sure there is no corrosion and reinstall them.
Also check the big plug that goes into the top of the intake. Check for corrosion there too. I think a single bolt holds it in if I remember correctly.
Most of those solenoids under the hood are the same, check them and swap one with another like solenoid and see if it helps. Solenoids do get old and stick or wear the contacts and not provide a good connection. The injector solenoid and fuses are on the drivers side circuit box under the hood if I remember right. They are labeled under the cover.

Last edited:
This thing looks awesome! I really dig the wheels and the SAS. I'm currently looking into a suburban/yukon/tahoe of the same body style but having a hard time finding a clean one up here in BC. Are you still having death wobble issues? If you are then get an alignment and check the caster specs, you can try increasing the caster by using leaf spring shims to adjust. Increasing caster should remove any death wobble as long as all your other components are tight. Panhard bar is not a bad idea, but you should be able to drive it without one. Good Job on the build so far, this is inspiring me to get one!

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Removed a leaf from my front spring assembly, couldn't stand the stiff ride anymore. To say removing the third overload improved ride quality would be an understatement! It rides almost as well as the stock ifs did. I'm glad I didn't wait until the weather warmed to do that.

sent from a slablet

Last edited:

noJeepshere

Adventurer
Also cut up my front bumper a bit. Since I removed the extra leaf from the front the whole thing dropped about an inch, resulting in the wheels contacting the bumper while turning. 20 minutes with a cutting wheel and a flap disc it now looks like this:

135c8cfbd890703a353692600251d161.jpg

0a1401f3cfd0604b767da0f8a20e5642.jpg

sent from a slablet

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Also cut up my front bumper a bit. Since I removed the extra leaf from the front the whole thing dropped about an inch, resulting in the wheels contacting the bumper while turning. 20 minutes with a cutting wheel and a flap disc it now looks like this:

135c8cfbd890703a353692600251d161.jpg

0a1401f3cfd0604b767da0f8a20e5642.jpg

sent from a slablet

Wow:Wow1:Now thats what I call a well executed cut! SWEET!:wings::victory::Wow1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven