1ST Annual ExPo/Anza~Borrego Spring Flower Fling....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date
S

Scenic WonderRunner

teotwaki said:
Hey SWR,

Try for another weekend? I was hoping to go wheeling with you and the flowers will bloom for a few more weekends anyhow so try to plan another trip.

I may still go this weekend..........

Just very unsure because of my sons condition, so I thought I should post that info now. If he gets sent home....then I can't go at all.

There is no reason why this can't happen this weekend, with or without me.....and even the next several weekends. It's the perfect time of year to be out there!:wavey:

Here is a pic from a member over at PanamintValley.com who went out to Coyote Canyon this past weekend...........

PICT0001-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

Boston Mangler said:
Hey Mark

Very sorry to hear this, hope he is well soon!

Thanks Kevin.....and others.

Today....my son was taken out of ICU and moved to a reg. ward. He had a very very bad pneumonia. He could have died. It really could have gone either way....it was that bad!

I will keep you posted.............

Whatever the case...........just everyone please do the trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scenic WonderRunner

From the Desert USA website.......taken March 3rd, 2008.............

I want to take pics like so bad I can almost taste it!

Hum............? Would that taste like Lamb Chops>?!!!!:p :wavey:

ab-3.jpg

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Good to hear the positive news on your son. Keep us posted on your trip details. I might just grab the boys and join you flower watching folks.:p On a side note you could always head to north county SD. The flowers are in full bloom on my favorite mtn bike trail.

47b8dd25b3127cceb5bb865b5a5a00000025108EatWzFu0cO

47b8dd25b3127cceb5bb866d5a6c00000025108EatWzFu0cO

Taken March 4, 2008.

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Jerry, I can only make it on Sunday. Are you still thinking of meeting in Ramona at 8:00 am?

datrupr

Expedition Leader
viatierra said:
Absolutley! Hope he recovers soon...

It doesn't appear that anyone is still up for camping Saturday, so Sam and I will probably save the extra miles and look for flowers somewhere much closer to home in AZ.

I'll look forward to making camp with you guys another time!

:iagree: about your son. I wish him a very speedy recovery and all is well.

Greg, I took a trip out to Wickenburg this past weekend and the flowers were blooming like crazy around Lake Pleasant. It was very pretty with the hills covered in green with patches of yellow and purple. If you can't make it out to CA, you could give that area a try. Perhaps even around Table Mesa Road would be good too.

1leg

Explorer
Mc Taco said:
Jerry, I can only make it on Sunday. Are you still thinking of meeting in Ramona at 8:00 am?

I will be leaving from McD's Sunday at 8:15am. I have no plans, or know where i will be going. Should be in Borrego Springs around 9:00. I will be monitoring Freq-146.52 the first 15 minutes of every hour. No CB sorry!

Can someone please! list some possible Flower viewing location in AB.

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Jerry- I'll get to scope it out from the air tomorrow. We'll also keep our eyes peeled on the way out Saturday and report back if we find any hot spots. I'll either post on this thread or give you a call.

Jeremy

TD64

Adventurer
Healing vibes going out to SWR's son.

My wife and I are heading out Sunday and would like to hook-up with you all. We're up for Fonts Point and some other easy off-roading.

Jerry, I can follow you out and loan you a handheld CB.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Things are finally looking better for my son. But being stuck at home for 30 days with an IV Bag in his arm of antibiotics.....does NOT sound like very much fun!.....YIKES!

I now may be able to do a Sunday Only.....this weekend.

1leg

Explorer
SWR
Glad things are look better for your son. :wings:

Anyone Meeting up SUNDAY 8am at Ramona's McD's Please post up or PM me. I don't want to leave anyone behind.

Look for this jeep in the parking lot. But with Doors.

2315297067_ee79e167be.jpg

Look For this guy holding a cup of hot coffee.
2316112780_37f7998dae.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frank Design