1ST Annual ExPo/Anza~Borrego Spring Flower Fling....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
PM sent. Looks like Miles and I will be meeting up with you guys for the Sunday tour. I like your Jeep with the doors off. Might be kind of fun this weekend. Jeeps Rock!!!

Oh and if we have time I might just set up the new tent for some pictures/review.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Could you all please help make it clear of you are ONLY meeting up at McDonalds in Ramona and heading off from there..........

OR............

Are you Also going to meet up at the Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs (after Ramona)....which was the Original plan on the first page.

This may also help other interested parties. Some may even be coming from the LA. area.....and Ramona would be out of the way for them.

Thanks............

I'm hoping to make it out there in the morning....Sunday.

TD64

Adventurer
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Could you all please help make it clear of you are ONLY meeting up at McDonalds in Ramona and heading off from there..........

OR............

Are you Also going to meet up at the Christmas Circle in Borrego Springs (after Ramona)....which was the Original plan on the first page.

This may also help other interested parties. Some may even be coming from the LA. area.....and Ramona would be out of the way for them.

Thanks............

I'm hoping to make it out there in the morning....Sunday.

A few of us are meeting at McDonalds in Ramona (Jerry, location please) and then we will head to Christmas Circle. We should be at Christmas Circle between 9 and 9:15 am.

Do you have a route planned for Sunday?

\\'anderer

Adventurer
If you guys are still meeting at christmas circle, I may try to get out there after i hit the Curt LeDuc off road swap meet in morongo.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

If I can make it..........

I'm heading for Christmas Circle by 9am. in the morning.

Remember Daylight Savings Time. I'm moving my clock and going by that.

As for a route.........

I always felt that the most spring bloom would be closer to the mountains.....where more rain would fall.

But it's also fun to travel and see as much as you can. A few weeks back........"The Roadie" and I took a great trip, starting at Font's Point.....then to Malpais.....then out to the Pumkin Patch....then 17 Palms....and then up to the S22 along the old Truckhaven Trail. It's a very fun round trip.

http://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/638/files/ABDSPmap.pdf

But I think the better spring bloom views will be back around Coyote Canyon and Clark Valley. Some did not want to go up Coyote Canyon. It's very hard to keep everyone happy....and that's even why I said in the begining.....that I didn't want to be in charge and it should be a yearly group event effort.

We can check maps and agree at the Christmas Circle. Nothing was set in stone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The good news is......

My son should be out of the hospital by Monday. Thanks to all who sent the good vibes!

Last edited by a moderator:

1leg

Explorer
Yes Macdonald's in ramona at 8am. Should be at Christmas Circle around 915 or so.
I have not planned a route yet. Options are Henderson canyon( Never been), Lower Coyote before the 3rd water crossing and the grand stair case, Rockhouse Canyon.

I was also thinking about lower AB, Blair valley, Dos Cabaza (spl).
My guess is It will wait till we all meet up to decide.

1leg

Explorer
Scenic WonderRunner said:
Remember Daylight Savings Time. I'm moving my clock and going by that.

Yes Everybody should go by Daylight Savings time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gear

Just spoke to Jerry(1leg). Here is the scoop - Jerry(1leg) Justin(Gear) with Miles(Miles) and Tony(TD64) will be driving thru the McD's in Ramona at 8:00 am. At 8:15 sharp we will leave and caravan down to the Christmas Circle. The 4 of use will be on 2M radio's. My estimate is we will be pulling into the circle closer to 9:30 am. So anyone that is meeting up there just be patient and look for the Convoy. Also if you have not already posted up that you are showing up, please do. Our intentions are not to leave anyone behind, but if we don't know you are coming you will be on your own. Looking forward to the drive.

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Maybe I can't go...........

I only have a CB Radio.

It is an antique....mind you....and it works very well!

.....oh well.:rolleyes:

Gear

Oh come on Mark, I will turn on my CB just for you! Get up early say hi to your son for us and tell him you will be back in a few hours. We will see you at the circle. :wavey:

\\'anderer

Adventurer
I am planning on attending, BUT if I am not there, and have not contacted you, don't wait for me. I could find something good at the swap meet, and then I would be too late to join you.

2M, what freq.?

Last week in the Orocopia mountains..........

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Gear said:
Oh come on Mark, I will turn on my CB just for you! Get up early say hi to your son for us and tell him you will be back in a few hours. We will see you at the circle. :wavey:

Aloha! Justin!

Just thought I would push your 2 Meter Buttons......since you didn't even give a frequency! ........hehe:elkgrin:

.........let's just Always be sure to include everyone. I don't care what radio they use!

I think we should have both.....actually. I just don't have time right now to deal with ham. I do want a 2 meter one day...though!:REExeSquatsHL1:

Gear

Hello Mike,
Here is the frequency will be monitoring 146.52 the first 15 minutes of every hour. Actually last week we just stayed on this frequency thru out the day.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

KI6MUG

Gear

I hear you Mark. I was just pointing out that the 4 of us were going to be on 2M so that everyone knew what was going on. I will turn my CB on to Channel 4. Oh and the post above shows the 2M frequency as 146.52.

See Ya :safari-rig:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz