1ST Annual ExPo/Anza~Borrego Spring Flower Fling....

• Thread starter Scenic WonderRunner
  • Start date

ExpoMike

My moto is, anything worth bolting together should be bolted together with Grade 8 hardward. I recall bolting down my dad's center console in his Nissan Hardbody with Grade 8 bolts. That sucker never moved. LOL :D

S

Scenic WonderRunner

TheRoadie said:
Sorry to miss all the fun today, but I have a chance to skip work on Monday, so I'm going out there tomorrow. Planning Coyote and Rockhouse canyons unless somebody comes back with a flower report that's good elsewhere on the north side. Not getting caught up in the weekend traffic jams - priceless. SWR: good luck with getting your son out of hock at the hospital.

Roadie..........

The last creek crossing is about the deepest I have seen it! Jerry was behind me going through.....and he said the water was up to my rear fender wells. (I swear my bow wave was as tall as my hood!) Ya know.....like the chrome strip just above my rear tires!.....YIKES!! I turned the Air on High for pressure!

And for a new little bit of water crossing trivia.........

I learned today..........that very deep water will cool your exhaust pipes so much....so fast.....that it will mess with your Oxygen Sensor, and you might chug a bit:yikes: .....until you can idle for a while, and let the pipes heat up again!

Here we are at the start of the trail....airing down. See my rear Fender Well....chrome strip.....and how High it IS ABOVE my bottom DOOR Seam!.......YIKES!:snorkel:

2008_030908ExPoSpFlowerFling0001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TD64

Adventurer
Wow, what a great day! Kristi and I really enjoyed hanging out with all of you!

I'll post up some pictures shortly.

Miles

Observer
Thanks to Justin for taking Miles and me (Peggy) out to the desert yesterday for the Expo trip. I enjoyed meeting people in the group that Miles is always
talking about. Thanks to Jerry also for taking us out to dinner last night.

Highlights were the amazing array of desert flowers (best I've ever seen), the constant radio chatter between the boys, and just soaking in the desert sun and landscape when we weren't bumping around in the Jeep. Well, bye for now.

Peggy and Miles :26_7_2:

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
Great pics!

Jerry- The Jeep looks even better with the top off. :sunflower

\\'anderer

Adventurer
We had a great time with everyone. I am busy this morning, but will post some pics later.

Funny that the trail was busier off road, than the streets in the area.

1leg

Explorer
HMR said:
Great pics!

Jerry- The Jeep looks even better with the top off. :sunflower

Thanks.

We really need to get out together. may be in a couple weeks. I don't think I'm going to go out this weekend. I really need to stay home and get some work done around the house. :violent-smiley-031:

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Sometimes..........

A Massive Flex.............

Can get people really excited!:friday:

2008_030908ExPoSpFlowerFling0171.jpg

I've actually noticed......the bigger the flex......the higher the jump! ......hehe:D

S

Scenic WonderRunner

Have you ever had........Tent Envy............?

You do now!

2008_030908ExPoSpFlowerFling0128.jpg

Gear's new cadillac tent! ....set up to demonstrate. Designed to beat the winds of Anza~Borrego..........!

S

Scenic WonderRunner

How Fun...........!

One of my pics....made it on the DesertUSA.com website!

http://www.desertusa.com/wildflo/ca_abdsp.html

March 10, 2008 - Mark reports: I spent Sunday March 9th out in Anza Borrego for the flowers. I led a small group of 4x4 folks from ExpeditionPortal.com . We spent most of our time up Coyote Canyon. As you enter the canyon and get out of your vehicle, you are just overwhelmed by the wonderful smell of all the flowers!
The crowds, the horses, the Unimog Camper!........the 25 Land Rovers! Yikes!.....etc. Later in the day we headed down to the Blair Valley area. Not much blooming there yet.

FlowerFling001.jpg

S

Scenic WonderRunner

We got tired of the crowds in Coyote Canyon. So we decided to head south to the Blair Valley area.

After showing the group my favorite little campsite........I recommended a group hike to the Pictographs on the huge bolder........and a little hike further on for some fantastic desert views!

We found the Pictographs......... and the ancient one that said.......

"Dude.....if you are looking for water here.....you are fresh outta luck!"

2008_030908ExPoSpFlowerFling0187.jpg

Keep going..........and you are rewarded with this outstanding view looking south, down toward the Vallecito Stage Station.

2008_030908ExPoSpFlowerFling0191.jpg

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
The flower trip was a big success. Thanks to all that participated. Here are a few photographs.

47b8dd31b3127cceb64bb5cb40de00000025108EatWzFu0cO

47b8dd31b3127cceb64bb5bac19f00000025108EatWzFu0cO

47b8dd31b3127cceb64bb5b940ac00000025108EatWzFu0cO

47b8dd31b3127cceb64bb5cf40da00000025108EatWzFu0cO

47b8dd31b3127cceb64bb5aac18f00000026108EatWzFu0cO

Andrew Walcker

Mod Emeritus
Sorry to have missed you folks. Robert Yates and myself did a last minute, "Get out of Dodge" manuever and headed out Saturday for an overnighter. Braved the traffic jam up Coyote Canyon and ended up camping up above Middle Willows in a spot to ourselves.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz