1st Gen (07) Sequoia Build

green73brc

Observer
I cant wait to see what you did to get a winch in. It is next on my list after I get my rear spring issue figured out, trailer done. We just had our 4th so everything is getting re-worked at the moment.

2005 Sequoia SR5
265/70/17 BF Goodrich A/T KO
Dual Battery Setup with Perfect Switch Isolator (2 Die Hard Group 35 in stock location)
120 Watts of Solar Panels and Solar Charger integrated into second battery
10 LED Baja Designs Stealth Bar in Front Grill
On Board VAIR 450 Compressor
Yakima Load warrior with extension and 4 factory cross bars with ARB awning and Rigid Industries Diffused Lights
ARB 63 Quart Fridge
Custom Drawer Slide out in rear
Pioneer Head with Backup Camera
OR-FAB Transmission Skid with re-enforced Cross Brace
OME Lift - OME 862 Rear Coils with OME 60020 Shocks OME 844 Front Coils with OME 90004 Shocks and Camburg UCA
Custom Rock Sliders 2x4 Square with 1.5 tube

Last edited:

Hutch434

Observer
77170_10201381307763399_771491860_n.jpg1517538_10201381308083407_1476222213_n.jpg1658179_10201381307563394_1599196519_o.jpg

Warn VR 10-S Installed. I had a U Shaped 3/8" steel bent for strength and welded bumper support mount brackets to it.

The only issues I ran into was relocating the powersteering cooling tube and moving the trans cooler hoses a bit. I also added two more bolts on each side of the bumper support....still might need a bit more reenforcement.

This install is not for the feint at heart and requires losing your Bumper support.
Future Plans are to fabricate a new skid plate that will bolt to the underside of my winch mount.

green73brc

Observer
Looks nice, it gives me some inspiration. Still not sure if I am going to go with a full replacement bumper. Right now I am trying really hard to keep the Sequoia as a "sleeper" I am trying to keep it visually as stock as possible and tucking a winch into the stock bumper is really appealing. I like the idea of no one really taking a second look at it.

Hutch434

Observer
decisions

I really like my air suspension/Bilstein 5100 in the rear. Last week we parked in a parking garage in DC...had to lower it to the lowest setting for clearance. Once all the kids/Gear/recovery, etc. is loaded it is perfectly level. My issue is the reliability. Maybe I will carry an extra bag, and replace the factory compressor with a ViAir system with a tank....

paxford

Very nice build. I just picked up an 06' 4x4 limited yesterday. Do you like your Falken's better than your KM2's for the Sequoia?

Hutch434

Observer
Very nice build. I just picked up an 06' 4x4 limited yesterday. Do you like your Falken's better than your KM2's for the Sequoia?

The Falkens are so much smoother and quieter and I recovered about 2/3mpg. The fuel economy is important to me because of the range per tank vs. cost. I'm sitting at 15mpg now on highway trips fully loaded. Off road, the Falkens have been great on the rocky, slick mountain trails of Virginia. Nothing bad to say about them. I'm sure they are lacking in the mud slinging dept. They fill the voids quickly, but a steady throttle and letting the ATRAC work has gotten me out of many situations.

Debating on an Aluminum ARB Roof rack, or another brand, but the rain gutter mount situation has to be figured out.

Attachments

• Sequoia.jpg
    Sequoia.jpg
    589.9 KB · Views: 158
A few quick questions for you as we've been looking at getting the wife and kids into a Sequoia.....

-Is there a way to tell (without looking under the truck) which packages had the rear air suspension?
-Do you know if all Sequoia's have a dual range t-case, or was that an option as well?

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
Just had my third kid, also have 2 yo twins. I never thought my 100 series would seem small... I have been thinking about getting something for the wife with 2nd row Capt chairs. This build is inspirational, I really like the hidden winch. subscribing!

Mrknowitall

Adventurer
A few quick questions for you as we've been looking at getting the wife and kids into a Sequoia.....

-Is there a way to tell (without looking under the truck) which packages had the rear air suspension?
-Do you know if all Sequoia's have a dual range t-case, or was that an option as well?

Air suspension was optional on both SR5 and Limited trucks. All 4wd Sequoias have a 2-speed case. The early ones even had a little manual shifter. Remember that there are 2wd ones, if you're looking at listings.

On that winch mount- if you haven't already, I highly suggest you ad some drain holes to that cradle.

Last edited:

Hutch434

Observer
Air suspension was optional on both SR5 and Limited trucks. All 4wd Sequoias have a 2-speed case. The early ones even had a little manual shifter. Remember that there are 2wd ones, if you're looking at listings.

On that winch mount- if you haven't already, I highly suggest you ad some drain holes to that cradle.
Good info...I actually cut large squares on either side of the winch...saved about 5lbs. Off the cradle. No way to hold anything now.

zscott

Adventurer
I am going to be installing one of my racks on a 1st gen sequoia either tomorrow or friday. I will post some pictures when it is done and hopefully it will give you guys some more ideas. I really like seeing vehicles like the Sequoia built up since they are a little less common in the expedition/overlanding scene.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3