1st Gen Hilux 3RZ build thread - Stoffregen Motorsports

screwball48

Explorer
Expo is unlike any other forum on the internet. Its is an active encyclopedia of vehicular and outdoors knowledge. It is a place where individuals like myself can live vicariously through others while learning and expanding our personal knowledge base. Unlike many forums the criticism that is given here is constructive and helpful. This is possible because individuals like yourself and others are willing to share the work that you perform. Thank you most sincerely to you and others who make this forum what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was excited to maybe build 1500, thinking it was big. /kicks dirt

It's amazing how fast it can fill up. I've been turning stuff away for the past couple years, parts I mean, to keep it from getting worse. I can hold about 8 trucks in there, maybe more, but when it's raining, some of those better be weather tight or else I have no room to work. 3 in the shop when I'm working. I need to build a second story in a portion of the shop to put my man cave (office), my small parts and some heavy parts, then I could put my two lifts side by side and move the machine shop to a clean area and even have room for a real "clean room" for building diffs and motors, etc.

Sign me up too! Haha
I got Mudrak experience..well only a few days. Lol

I like Mudrak. He's old school.

84 yota

Haha yeah all about cruisers at MR. Would definitely love to check out this shop one day! It's on the way to South Lake Tahoe right?

I'm about 15 minutes off 80 on the way to Tahoe, ********** dab in between Sac and Tahoe.

If you ever got to the Rubicon through Georgetown, then you pass within a mile of my place.

Come on by!

Thought I'd give this thread some life...

I have been driving the truck for the past few months without a problem. I have been super busy in the shop so no progress has been made, but I plan on getting some work done on it after the summer busy season. A 3 link is definitely in the future and I'm actually considering using the stock axle housing, just to see how it goes. I kind of like the track width as it is, that's not the issue. The only hangup I can foresee is the packaging of the lower link brackets and shock mounts. I plan on running the shocks behind the axle for maximum shock length, but the lower control arm brackets want to occupy the same real estate.

Pics or ideas from others who have run into this same problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl