2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 , ARB Lockers Front and Rear, 35" BFG All-Terrain T/A's, More Photos Added, NOW *** SOLD *** Whittier, California

webster54

If you’re looking for a ready to drive, go anywhere 4x4, this maybe it. I purchased this in 2007 as a completely stock used Cherokee with 71000 miles on it. I’ve modified it to what it is today. This Jeep has been garage kept since I’ve owned it. It’s a weekend warrior, as I have a company provided truck for work. It currently has just under 135,000 miles. This Jeep will go anywhere your heart desires. It’s been all over the West. From Death Valley to “The Squeeze” in Anza Borrego. From the “Arizona Strip” to Moab. Hunting trips in Arizona, the Mohave Road and Lookout City.
This Cherokee is as well-equipped as your likely to find. It has been used, but not abused. The Arizona Strip trip was 475 miles of off-road driving alone. There is no body damage, there is plenty of “Arizona Pinstriping” as I call it. AKA brush marks and scratches in the paint, which I’ve tried to show in the photos. They are largely unnoticeable at distance when it’s washed and waxed. Unless you get up close to look at them.

For those of you who are familiar with the head issues on all (yes, all) 2001 Cherokees, I didn’t know when I got it. That has been addressed. The head was replaced at 105000 miles. No more problem.

Modifications: Rubicon Express long arm lift, custom rear leaf springs by Deaver Springs, slip yoke eliminator, new front and rear drive shafts, Bushwacker cut out fender flares, Barnett Performance rock sliders, Currie HD Tie Rod/Drag Link system, Currie Off-Road Sway Bar, Barnett Performance Steering Box Brace, Barnett Performance Stage 1 & 2 Chassis Stiffeners, Bilstein reservoir shocks, fuel tank skid plate, Gibson stainless steel muffler.

Dana 30 front axle assembly: Chromoly axle shafts, 456 gears, ARB differential locker, Barnett Performance Diff Cover.

Chrysler 8.25 rear axle assembly: ARB differential locker, 456 gears, Barnett Performance Diff Cover.

Added on: ARB air compressor (lockers/tires), AJ’s Off Road Armor front winch bumper, AJ’s Off Road Armor rear bumper with tire/gas can carrier, Warn XP9500 winch, ARB full roof rack, ARB/IPF off road lights, ARB/IPF halogen head lamps, American Racing aluminum wheels, BFG All Terrain 12.5 – 35 – 15 tires (under 6000 miles on them, spare has 0), new headliner (2016), Yaesu FT7800R Dual Band Transceiver, ARB power outlet in rear cargo area for ARB fridge (fridge not included).

Also included: 60” Hi-Lift Jack, Gerry cans, Factory 2001 Cherokee Service Manual, Magellan GPS, appropriate drop hitch for receiver.

New this year: Optima Yellow Top battery, Weather Tech floor liners front and rear, transmission cooler fluid lines, oil pressure sensor, oil adaptor O-ring seal, engine rear main seal.

Notes:
The upholstery is overall in good condition with two exceptions. Both on the driver seat. First there are two splits on the door side of the seat (see picture) and there is a small stain on the seat from something spilled.

The Magellan GPS does function, however sometimes it does freeze up and must be reset to restart it. Also, this model is several years out of production and Magellan no longer supports it.

The switch below the ham radio marked radiator electric fan. That’s something I added. The Cherokee is equipped with two fans. The engine mounted fan and an electric fan that is controlled by the computer. I added the toggle switch and a relay so I could turn on the fan anytime I wanted. Like when rock crawling or off roading the desert in the summer. Turning the switch on picks the relay, changing it from computer control to directly off the battery. It’s wired that way to be fail safe. If the relay fails and won’t pick, the fan stays on computer control.

The base mounted on the dash was for a Sirius Radio unit. It was a gift, so I installed it. Had it a couple years and decided I didn’t get enough use of it (weekend warrior) to keep paying the monthly fee. So, I discontinued the service. Just never removed the base, still hooked up to the antennae on the roof. Easy to remove if you wish to. Just stuck on with double sided foam tape.

The padlocks on the jack and gas cans are opened with the ignition key.

Never been in an accident, get a car fax report. No accidents, milage is right.

No known issues. Price is ***SOLD***

Post only allows 10 photos. More photos posted below.

DSCN0600.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0582.JPG
    DSCN0582.JPG
    510.8 KB · Views: 329
  • DSCN0584.JPG
    DSCN0584.JPG
    494.6 KB · Views: 320
  • DSCN0585.JPG
    DSCN0585.JPG
    509.3 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCN0590.JPG
    DSCN0590.JPG
    491.7 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN0594.JPG
    DSCN0594.JPG
    491.4 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN0596.JPG
    DSCN0596.JPG
    482.7 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCN0601.JPG
    DSCN0601.JPG
    488.8 KB · Views: 322
  • DSCN0605.JPG
    DSCN0605.JPG
    498.8 KB · Views: 306
  • DSCN0607.JPG
    DSCN0607.JPG
    486.5 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:

webster54

Still more...
DSCN0620.JPG
DSCN0622.JPG
DSCN0623.JPG
DSCN0662.JPG
DSCN0664.JPG
DSCN0666.JPG
DSCN0657.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0586.JPG
    DSCN0586.JPG
    485.8 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0612.JPG
    DSCN0612.JPG
    520.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0618.JPG
    DSCN0618.JPG
    517.5 KB · Views: 74

wbevans

Thanks for the photos. Looks like a great build. Do you have any maintenance records from the first 70K miles of life?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal