2001 Toyota Tacoma/ Adventure Vehicle

Frazeur1

Does anyone have any propane experience? I am trying to hook up my propane boat stove. I have no idea what an 11" W/C low pressure regulator is or where I can get one. Its called a cozy cabin heater by Sig Marine

The regulator sets the gas pressure coming out of your propane tank to your heater, the 11" water-column is the pressure setting I am assuming you need in order to meet the BTU rating of the heater-or to enable you to get that rating. I would think any camper/RV shop would stock something like this or know where to get one. Although it could be more costly that route. I am sure if you googled around for propane low pressure regulators, something would pop up. One thing you want to do is make sure all your fittings/hoses are correctly sized and of course, leak-free. Others may chime in here on this one.

mjohnson1

First off sorry to not keep you all updated.
So I have been on the road for about a month and everything is going great. I am in Breckenridge Colorado Skiing everyday. The journey here went great and it took about 2.5 days. I decided not to ski in Michigan and Minnesota because the conditions were much better in Colorado. I am living on about $30-$50 a week(when I am not traveling), which is awesome. I cook all my food and already have my epic pass. Here are some pictures:

IMG_7871.jpg

IMG_7886.jpg

IMG_7875.jpg

IMG_7877.jpg

IMG_7876.jpg

IMG_7936.JPG

So during the day I roll up that tempurpedic sleeping pad under the little shelf along with my sleeping bag and I have plenty of room to cook and stuff.

Off of my 20 lb propane tank I run my heating stove, my inside burner, and a grill that pulls out of the side(I will take some pictures later).

My electrical system runs off a deep cycle battery that is charged by the 100 watt solar panel. Right now I just have the LED light strips(on a dimmer) and the fan run off of it. I also have an inverter so I can charge everything(cell phone, laptop, ext). In the summer I will probably add a little water pump that will go to a faucet above the sink bowl. The sink(which has a cover in the picture) just runs out the bottom of the truck. I also have a carbon monoxide alarm in there and I rarely use the propane heater (and I never would while sleeping).

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. It may take me a little to get back, especially if we get fresh snow.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Looks awesome. Nice wood work on the inside. What is the big round tube on the roof

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjohnson1

Looks awesome. Nice wood work on the inside. What is the big round tube on the roof

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks!

I keep my skis in the tube. I have summer gear/ clothes in the THULE so it is much easier to just slide either pairs of skis out. I also have enough room in there for snowshoes and foldable chairs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven

Members online