2004 Lexus GX470.....Icon's, 34's....more to come

470Lexi

Here is my 2004 Lexus GX470......lifted with Icon ext travel remote resi with CDC valving and total chaos UCA's and Icon 2.5" remote resi and Icon/Overland 3.5' springs. Tires are Toyo MT's with method racing NV wheels

1125141044.jpg

470Lexi

On the front part of the bumper. I ripped out all the fender plastics and did the body mount chop. Going to hammer the pinch weld or maybe grind it down for more clearance

tyv12

Adventurer
Those suckers look like they're running just sitting there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducmonsta

Observer
While I appreciate the quality of components you're using, I feel like the tires are a bit too much for the rig. They'll rub the fenders off if you attempt to wheel it. What's the next stage?

470Lexi

There's more room than you think. Pic looks weird. The tires are not a lot bigger than the 295/70/17 and narrower. I will hammer the pinch weld and see how that goes. I'd love the plate bumper from southern but I can't justify the price right now.

I have not regeared. I still find the v8 to have plenty of power for the tires. That will be after bumpers and sliders and a rack and possible RTT. Towards the end of the list.

Silver dude

Xplorer
Placement of the curb in the picture makes the truck appear like it has a large section of exposed frame like a body lift rather then suspension lift. Wheel and tire package definitely looks awesome under there though. Definitely a good looking build.

Derek24

Explorer
Looks good! I like the 295 size of tire. I had that on my FJ, on paper they are only .5 inch taller than a 285, but the extra width looks much better on newer bigger trucks!

470Lexi

Placement of the curb in the picture makes the truck appear like it has a large section of exposed frame like a body lift rather then suspension lift. Wheel and tire package definitely looks awesome under there though. Definitely a good looking build.

Yeah removing the running boards makes the frame very visable. I need to remove all the plumbing for the kdss and add sliders

offero

Desert rat
I'll be watching where you go with this build. I've got an '08 that I'm in the process of getting protective bits onto.

Nice to see another GX!

srserl

Observer
Looks good! The tires look like a pretty tight fit, but I'm sure you'll be able to make them work. How much will the back come down when fully loaded...looks kind of high? I would rather have a little too high than too low in back, though. If I were looking to move to a little bigger rig than my FJC, I would definitely look at a GX.

470Lexi

Haven't had it loaded up yet. On metal tech's site they got a pic with an fj loaded up to like 600 lbs and it drops it like 1.6" or something like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven