2004 Tundra Adventure Cab - Build/Adventure Thread

Flyer69

Observer
So no bushing noise then? Gawd, the net is such a hotbed of debate over UCA's! Every time I think i've made a decision on which to get, I come across something that makes me reconsider. Where did you buy yours, assuming you got a good deal?

seanpistol

Explorer
I'll add that from the day I put my Camburg uniball UCAs in 4 or 5 years ago the uniballs squeaked often (when dirty or after a wash) and I had to clean them and lube them every week or two. About 4 months ago I replaced the uniballs because they were wore out and these new uniballs never squeak. Seriously- never. I wonder if it's better teflon? Who knows. My bushings have never squeaked.

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
20160503_192536_zpslza6i0my.jpg

theBullfrog125

Adventurer
20160503_192548_zpsojprooin.jpg

Sorry for the separate posts for photos, posting from my phone.
These have a 3/4" bolt so drilling the knuckle would be required, or I'm sure these could be machined to the Tundra taper quite easily. These uniballs are built to order anyway.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
So no bushing noise then? Gawd, the net is such a hotbed of debate over UCA's! Every time I think i've made a decision on which to get, I come across something that makes me reconsider. Where did you buy yours, assuming you got a good deal?

The bushing noise happens when they are not greased. If you keep them greased they won't make noise. It's polyurethane so it's natural for them to make noise unless greased. Forgot who I got it from. Probably from who every carries them with free shipping lol

I'll add that from the day I put my Camburg uniball UCAs in 4 or 5 years ago the uniballs squeaked often (when dirty or after a wash) and I had to clean them and lube them every week or two. About 4 months ago I replaced the uniballs because they were wore out and these new uniballs never squeak. Seriously- never. I wonder if it's better teflon? Who knows. My bushings have never squeaked.

Camburg changed their uniball design or material a few years ago. According to other vendors and why the price went up from $300 to like $600. Even tho I still think it's a huge mark up.
I got mine 2 years ago just before the price jump. Wish I had gotten more and sold them for profit lol.

I have these. Sealed top with a grease zirk. These things are beef and pop into a standard 1" uniball cup.
http://www.emfrodends.com/EMF-Rebuildable-Uniball-p/emfuniball.htm

Oh. I'm gonna have to save this. Probably upgrade to these once mine are trashed. Those look awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DMG

Exactly what I told them after installing mine. Even the 650lb spring in my opinion is not suited for a stock Tundra. If my truck is loaded with camping gear, I bottom the front out fairly often on the trail/logging roads (and I don't have skids or a bumper yet). I'm not trying to burn Fox here, as I am quite happy with them for the most part and they do perform very very well.... just a few details that make me scratch my head. I just need to find motivation to pull my coilovers and get the 700lb springs installed.
Fox does the same thing with their 100 series shocks. They are so soft that I could not tell the difference between the foxes and the 100k mile stockers.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
As some of you guys have seen. I carry a lot of fluid on my swing out. Two 5 gallon water jugs and 3-3 gallon fuel packs. It's a little uneven as far as weight goes side to side with the spare tire. Causing my truck to lean with fully loaded. So I been thinking that I only need 1 5 gallon jug for quick water access because I have a spout installed in one. The other is mainly for showers. I been trying to figure out where I can move the shower water since it doesn't need to be quick access. Once I figure out where to put it. I can have it connected to my OBS system full time. I was trying to find a thin 10 plus galling tank to put in the truck bed more throws the center the the truck. Best place to carry weight. After looking high and low. It seems like expensive expo gear maybe my best option. I was looking at cheaper square tanks but none was thin enough.
I got two options so far and this may change. Really don't wanna drop $200 for a water tank but will see. These are front runner tanks

93056cbaf6eba3bd61c88f78000101d6.jpg

80a5d48474ce4ff25d43b22672dd0364.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

toyotech

Expedition Leader
It's not that I don't have water jugs for my swing out. It's just too much weight. I'm looking at over 150lbs just on one side of the vehicle vs my spare tire that probably weights half of that. I'm trying to take the weight leverage of the rear suspension since it overhangs so far out. The floor tank would move the weight in a better place. The new versions of those tanks are tapped on both sides. I can run them together to my On board shower pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trailscape

Explorer
It's not that I don't have water jugs for my swing out. It's just too much weight. I'm looking at over 150lbs just on one side of the vehicle vs my spare tire that probably weights half of that. I'm trying to take the weight leverage of the rear suspension since it overhangs so far out. The floor tank would move the weight in a better place. The new versions of those tanks are tapped on both sides. I can run them together to my On board shower pump.

I would be really interested to see someone with a Tundra get get that floor tank and put it to use. I like the idea of the water in that location. The tank I recommended might be a good low profile alternative that could fit elsewhere.

Flyer69

Observer
I've been eyeballing that tall, thin bulkhead tank myself. I'll have to see if it would fit behind the AC's rear seat, or in the bed against the fwd bed wall. A marine-style fill fitting installed in the side of the canopy and connected to the tank with a short hose would be a slick setup.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
I would be really interested to see someone with a Tundra get get that floor tank and put it to use. I like the idea of the water in that location. The tank I recommended might be a good low profile alternative that could fit elsewhere.

I wouldn't want to hear sloshing water for 6+ hrs on the trail.

toyotech

Expedition Leader

True but they are not cheap lol. I have tons of bed space but I also sleep back there. I have certain things I want to be part of the truck and that means it never gets removed. Water tank would be one with the truck and having it centered up would be best imo. I'm gonna look around for cheaper and maybe better options.

I've been eyeballing that tall, thin bulkhead tank myself. I'll have to see if it would fit behind the AC's rear seat, or in the bed against the fwd bed wall. A marine-style fill fitting installed in the side of the canopy and connected to the tank with a short hose would be a slick setup.

The AC rear seat doesn't move.

I wouldn't want to hear sloshing water for 6+ hrs on the trail.

Haha. Sound system. Plus it be full so it should slosh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues