2007 Fuso Expedition Vehicle - Hackney Fuso

dhackney

Expedition Leader

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Mitsubishi Fuso FG140

Miles: 32,000 / Kilometers: 51,500

Price: $59,995 USD

4x4 diesel chassis, camper and custom garage sized to hold two dirt bikes, ATV, bicycles, photo gear, etc.

• Designed and built for global travel in developing nations. 2007 chassis can use any diesel fuel sold anywhere on the planet
  • Extended off-the-grid living supported by diesel genset, solar panels, water purification and sterilization, satellite broadband internet & phone
  • Dual leather, heated air seats
  • Custom spring packs, Bilstein shocks, custom rear sway bar, reinforced frame
  • Dual 16.5k winches, front and rear, synthetic line; extensive recovery gear including sand anchor, blocks, straps, etc
  • >1,000 miles / 1,609 kilometers range, ~100 gallons / 378.54 liters of diesel, ~78 gallons / ~284 liters fresh water capacity
  • 25.5 gallons / 94.64 liters propane/LP/LPG capacity
  • 840 amp hours house bank batteries, dedicated house bank engine 3 stage alternator, four solar panels with 3 stage controller - 19 amp output
  • 30 amp sine wave diesel generator
  • 3000 watt sine wave inverter/charger
  • Integrated VHF & CB cab radios, cab and camper GPS & Iridium satellite phone antennas
  • 10,000 liters of locking storage
  • Winter package, insulated camper
  • Air conditioner
  • Queen sized bed, 3 burner stove, AC/DC/Propane refrigerator, separate shower
  • HD flat screen TV and DVD player in bed area
  • Security film on all cab and camper windows, security bars on all skylights

Full specs, additional photos, etc. here: http://www.4x4camper4sale.com/

Seller: Private party, Douglas Hackney
Contact via: http://www.4x4camper4sale.com/

2008-04-21-30D-IMG_9010-edit-940.jpg

2008-03-21-30D-IMG_5799-940.jpg

2007-05-17-SD550-IMG_6852-800.jpg

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Good Heavens! :Wow1:

One of the small handful of really famous trucks doing really famous adventures in ExPo's earlier days. I absolutely do not need this truck, but I would be very proud to own it and would be so appreciative of the incredible amount of thought that went into it. Sorry to see it for sale, but someone will get an iconic truck for a fraction of any similar alternative.

dhackney

Expedition Leader
Good Heavens! :Wow1:

One of the small handful of really famous trucks doing really famous adventures in ExPo's earlier days. I absolutely do not need this truck, but I would be very proud to own it and would be so appreciative of the incredible amount of thought that went into it. Sorry to see it for sale, but someone will get an iconic truck for a fraction of any similar alternative.

Mike,

Thank you so much. Coming from you, that means a lot.

But, think about it. Don't you actually, really, deep-down, in your heart-of-hearts, need another truck?

8^)

Be well,
Doug

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
But, think about it. Don't you actually, really, deep-down, in your heart-of-hearts, need another truck?
Well, I'm kinda uncertain about that, but I am fairly sure that if I did need another truck, yours would be the one I needed.

Besides, it probably won't be more than a few hours before someone who was around a few years ago points out that my signature line ain't but half as long as it used to be. ;)

njtacoma

Explorer
Well since I think I was one of the first to notice the sprinter when it left Mike's signature, I'll chime in.

You know you need this truck Mike :drool:

GLWS Doug. I always admired your thoughtfulness and attitude through the construction and travel process.

dhackney

Expedition Leader
Holy cow, what did it cost to build that thing? It looks wicked!

Well, as you can see from the photographic evidence...

image061.jpg

image062.jpg

about 3.5 inches of receipts.

That added up to ~$275k.

Yes, you can accurately say that we took the depreciation hit on this one.

:)

dwh

Tail-End Charlie
Low miles, great price, best of everything.

AND all the bugs worked out of it under real world conditions.

Absolutely killer, killer deal.

Going back to 2-up ADV style?

(Was really looking forward to another frame thread though...wanted to hear about the final results.)

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Yes, we plan to go back out on the bike.

Really? After your truck thread, I assumed there was another camper build coming up. Kinda bummed about that. Since you're local, I was hoping to come by occasionally and drool over some increadibly exotic and capable truck. Or even offer to help if the project extended into the spring and summer (I'm a teacher, and really busy right now).

I guess you think it's all about you :)

dhackney

Expedition Leader
Really? After your truck thread, I assumed there was another camper build coming up. Kinda bummed about that. Since you're local, I was hoping to come by occasionally and drool over some increadibly exotic and capable truck. Or even offer to help if the project extended into the spring and summer (I'm a teacher, and really busy right now).

We may return to four wheels someday, if we got too old to ride.

Of course, that would fly in the face of the universal truth that you don't get too old to ride, you get too old because you stop riding. :roost:

I guess you think it's all about you :)

I suffer from no such delusions.

I'm married with kids and grandkids. :)

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
This is a big decision, :breathe: I'll take it!
Assuming everything works out, sincere congratulations to you. I think you'll find this a fine end to your search for a good overlanding vehicle and very well bought. Glad that it may be staying in the ExPo family; the Hackneys' truck is one of the ExPo icons.

:clapsmile

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater