2007 Tundra Overlander

castnblast

Tundra runs super strong has rare bench seat that center folds to armrest (seats 6 comfortably). Custom camper that is excellent for off the grid camping or as a work truck that can hold 16 long pipe or lumber in it along w/ tools etc. The truck has ARB bull bar in front w/2" receiver (these come from Australia and are made to to plow through kangaroo and they work just as good for deer). Old Man Emu suspension (installed by Toyota), if your not familiar w/ these it is the smoothest wash board road ride you will ever find. These suspensions are to Toyota specs. it is the
"Heavy front and rear" springs and shocks. The bed is 8' and has bedliner. there is a subfloor in the camper that you can load a lot of gear in along w/ storage under the overhead bunk and front and back of the wheel wells. Double rear doors that can open for loading sheets of plywood or sheetrock. The tires are 35"x12.5" and excellent in the snow and sand. Camper is insulated and could take a AC unit very easily (I use fans and it does fine even in S. Texas). Truck and Camper $12,000.

Camper Pkg. would include the woodburning stove (keeps you warm to -20), engle fridge/freezer, stove/oven, ARB 8' awning and awning room (basically a tent w/ sides, top, and bottom fully screened also), Yeti 400 solar generator w/ 2 additional batteries and a 100w solar panel. I have used this in very cold winter situations elk hunting in Colorado and hot situations camping in Baja, Mexico and PINS in South Texas. Any queen size mattress would fit on the overhead bunk (if you trimmed a King foam mattress it would also fit). More storage then you can imagine!! $3,000

https://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/login/
tundra2.jpg
tundra3.jpg
tundra4.jpg
tundra5.jpg
tundra6.jpg
tundra19.jpg
tundra20.jpg
tundra18.jpg
tundra15.jpg
tundra17.jpg

Last edited:

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Well that's unique - more photos? How does the camper entry work, got any construction photos?

Miles on the truck?

rruff

Explorer
Interesting rig! I'm building a camper on a similar white DC long (9 years newer). I'm removing the bed.

I'm interested in your shell construction too. Also what are you using for rear springs?

castnblast

Just sold! It was canvas over plywood. Used glue over canvas, then black henry roofing elastimer, then white elastimer. Framing also glue and screw plywood. Will look for old pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater