2010 Jeep Patriot gets improved off-road performance

haven

Expedition Leader
For 2010, Jeep has added more off-road features to the Patriot.
These additions make the Patriot more capable off-road than its
competitors in the crossover Cute-Ute category.

The Freedom Drive II package adds an inch of ground clearance,
hill descent control, traction control, skid plates, heavy duty cooling,
and a 19:1 low gear, among other items.

The Patriot costs about $5000 less than a similarly equipped Liberty
or Wrangler Unlimited.

Read more about the Patriot's off-road performance here
http://www.jeep.com/en/2010/patriot/capability/off_road_performance/

So if you're looking at a vehicle like a Nissan Rogue or Honda Element,
the Patriot offers more bad-road/bad-weather capability for less money.

Desert Dan

Explorer
I know but Jeep should stick to what they know best!

Wrangler
Liberty
Grand Cherokee

There are plenty of car like SUVs out there

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
I know but Jeep should stick to what they know best!

Wrangler
Liberty
Grand Cherokee

There are plenty of car like SUVs out there

With that in mind, why should the Jeep brand include the Liberty or the Grand Cherokee? Plenty of competitors for those too . . .

Jeep wants a piece of the small SUV market -- a piece that the Wrangler won't get them. It makes perfect sense to me . . .

ihatemybike

Explorer
Throw on a lift and some man tires and they look pretty good.

JeepPatriot_AnzaBorrego_med.jpg

moparpatriot2.jpg

Wareagle

Observer
19:1 low gear? What's the final ratio? I'm used to the 1st*t-case*rear=final. It sounds like jeep has created some new math here...

FreeManDan

Adventurer
like an old volvo made babies with an XJ. Man tires gooood! mini van tires baaad! that tubing skid protection in the back looks cool to.

b52

jeep patriot expo rig

I am seriously thinking about purchasing one of these and using it as an expo vehicle. Is anyone using one of these currently? Anyone have pics and info as to what mods they have done i.e cargo, suspension, tires etc.. If i were to get one it would be the 4x4 with the manual transmission. That CVT is garbage, my girlfriend has an 08 2wd auto and I hate the tranny. I wish they made the trailrated package available with the manual tranny but they don't :(

Please post pics with some info on your setup and even some expeditions you have done with your patriot! Any information really would be a world of help!

KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!

Nomad_K

Adventurer
I am seriously thinking about purchasing one of these and using it as an expo vehicle. Is anyone using one of these currently? Anyone have pics and info as to what mods they have done i.e cargo, suspension, tires etc.. If i were to get one it would be the 4x4 with the manual transmission. That CVT is garbage, my girlfriend has an 08 2wd auto and I hate the tranny. I wish they made the trailrated package available with the manual tranny but they don't :(

Please post pics with some info on your setup and even some expeditions you have done with your patriot! Any information really would be a world of help!

KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!

Is the transmission that bad - if so, how? This isn't a first choice, but the economy and new off-road package are tempting...

MattScott

Approved Vendor
I'm pretty open to almost anything, but theres no way something that is based off a combination of a mitsubishi lancer, chrysler sebring, and a dodge caliber should be an off road, or an expedition vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk