2014 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon HeliNomad Build

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Also, do the sPOD switches light up when not on? I've got an older one and at night, when it's dark in the cab, they don't light up which can make flipping the wrong switch easy until you get muscle memory for what's where. Love the sPOD even with that.

Contact Cinde at sPOD (Cinde@4x4s-POD.com) and she can hook you up with the dual light switches that have pilot lights when off and light up when on. She can replace your panel with a new one (with a switch on it to turn the dual light function on/off) complete with the dual light switches. I don't know what it'll cost but she can tell you.

That's an awesome idea!

I believe Spod has ones that do light up when off - however I'm not 100% on that. My only beef with the SPOD is that I want to tie my forward lights into my high beams (well I want a on/off/on, where 1 on will be set up to trigger off the highs). However that means running a completely separate power feed to those switches. Not the end of the world... but it would have been so much easier had SPOD run an extra line in there initially.

Did you ever contact sPOD to see if they'd do it for you and what it would cost?

sPOD is, IMO, one of the finest aftermarket products available. Easy to install and great to use - it's exactly what is advertised.

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Installed the AEV seat covers today across the entire truck. They are by bar the best fitting highest quality seat cover I have ever used. The material is perfect. I did the wretched German Shepherd dog hair test and it's amazing how hair won't penetrate the cordura fibers. The install was a little under 45 minutes. Every strap was the right length and the fit was just perfect. I'm starting to see a pattern with everything AEV does...

Septu

Explorer
Contact Cinde at sPOD (Cinde@4x4s-POD.com) and she can hook you up with the dual light switches that have pilot lights when off and light up when on. She can replace your panel with a new one (with a switch on it to turn the dual light function on/off) complete with the dual light switches. I don't know what it'll cost but she can tell you.

Did you ever contact sPOD to see if they'd do it for you and what it would cost?

sPOD is, IMO, one of the finest aftermarket products available. Easy to install and great to use - it's exactly what is advertised.

No, however if I'd thought about it at the time I would have. I'm able to do this myself... it's just a pain in the butt.

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Done. I installed the Genesis Offroad Dual Battery Kit.

This thing is the best dual battery system I have ever seen. It's incredibly intelligent and well thought out. It works exactly as advertised which you would expect. What's awesome about this product is the fit an finish. Everything lined up exactly. The connections are top quality. I highly recommend installing this one your self. Holding the bracket in your hand it seems physically impossible that it will ever make in there. But it brings a smile to your face when it does so perfectly. The Odyssey batteries are incredible. I'm excited to test their performance over a long weekend of accessory using. I'll be back with more details.

IMG_1804.jpgIMG_1806.jpg

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Okay so I finally got the JK Drawer system from AT Overland. I also got their Partner Stove and awesome 10lbs propane bottle kit for the Chaser trailer. Install was fun and easy. Everything is incredibly tight...I was expecting even the slightest rattle. Nothing. The composite materials are also very light which is a nice feature over other high quality drawer systems I have owned in the past. I had to modify one of the panels to work with my custom sub enclosure. Just some careful work with a sawzall and then some bed liner spray to touch it up ended up with a great result. AT Provided a fused 12volt power block built into the drawer system for the fridge and other accessories. I just had to wire it to the dual batts. A little bonus is that you now can access the jack well. Great place to store a pair of gloves, a dog leash, and other items you need constantly. I am waiting on the ARB fridge attachment kit to finish the fridge side. Total time working was like 5-6 hours but I'm slow on stuff like this. Photos tell the rest.

AT Drawer Install 8.jpgAT Drawer Install 9.jpgAT Drawer Install 7.jpgAT Drawer Install 6.jpgAT Drawer Install 5.jpgAT Drawer Install 4.jpgAT Drawer Install 3.jpgAT Drawer Install 1.jpgAT Drawer Install 2.jpg

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Do you have a link to the 10lb propane tank? I looked on the AT site and cannot find it. Would be just right for a future kitchen build for our pop up.

Thanks - enjoying your high quality build.

John

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Just curious. What is the ARB equivalent. Why does it show only up to 2010 on their website for the JK 4 door drawer system?

dstock

Explorer
Installed the AEV seat covers today across the entire truck. They are by bar the best fitting highest quality seat cover I have ever used. The material is perfect. I did the wretched German Shepherd dog hair test and it's amazing how hair won't penetrate the cordura fibers. The install was a little under 45 minutes. Every strap was the right length and the fit was just perfect. I'm starting to see a pattern with everything AEV does...

This is good to know, I have the same German Shepard dog hair issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy