2014 Overland Taco Build

RigidIndustries

Awesome build! All the mods look great so far, very clean and well thought out.
Looking forward to seeing what else you have in stored and the adventures coming up.

Cheers!

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Funny how it went from how affordable can we make this? used montero...rebuilt the engine....

Ah screw it lets go all out!!! hahaha

Amazing setup, im jealous. Like the ultimate expo rig.

OldieOverland

Observer
Awesome build! All the mods look great so far, very clean and well thought out.
Looking forward to seeing what else you have in stored and the adventures coming up.

Cheers!

Thanks! We are actually about to put some off road lights on the front. We've been caught in some remote areas at night and the headlights/fogs were not cutting it at all lol. Really liking the new round r-46 lights you guys just came out with!

OldieOverland

Observer
Funny how it went from how affordable can we make this? used montero...rebuilt the engine....

Ah screw it lets go all out!!! hahaha

Amazing setup, im jealous. Like the ultimate expo rig.

Haha....we did switch gears quite a bit :smiley_drive:

Thanks everyone for the comments! :victory: I'm working on downloading some photos from this weekend. I'll post them up ASAP!

OldieOverland

Observer
Here are some pics from this last weekend. The truck did great over rocks, water and mud! My wife is driving in the first pic...

MaxPatch1.jpg

Max Patch4.jpg

Max Patch3.jpg

MaxPatch8.jpg

Max Patch5.jpg

Max Patch7.jpg

Max Patch 6.jpg

Being a build thread, here is the newest addition I just installed this week.... :D

Icon UCA
image1 (3).JPG

shadow61

Observer
great looking ride. Could you post up some shots of the bed rack and how you have the traction devices mounted ? i am going back and forth between the packrack and a camper shell for the bed

MJCake1

We also finally got the Allpro rock sliders installed. They were bolt on, but if I had to order them again they would definitely be weld-on. It was difficult getting all of the bolt holes to line up and it still required some drilling :mad:. I ended up having the sliders welded in some spots for extra strength. I don't have any real install photos but here is a picture of my paint booth and an action pic!

View attachment 265743
View attachment 265744

After using our current setup for several months, we just decided to pull the trigger on a rear swing out. We had a CBI offroad swingout delivered a few weeks before Christmas :victory:. This will allow us somewhere to securely store extra fuel and the spare tire. It even has the fold down table for added convenience!

View attachment 265746

View attachment 265745

And most recently, I installed some Caltrend seat covers and an AT overland propane mount. These were two awesome surprises from Christmas! I was really surprised how well the seat covers fit considering they were a lot cheaper than other brands. The propane tank is mounted to existing bolt holes on the bed rack. They matched up perfectly. I haven't tested it out yet so we'll have to see how well this setup works.

View attachment 265747
View attachment 265748
View attachment 265749

That's it for now!
Love the Truck build and the Dobie!
I miss my Dobie💔.
I have a Tacoma 2014 too. Had some minor issues with my CBI Trail Ryder swing out mis sized cause of a shipping mix up. But it's all good now.
b9649262b5a63a601ffaddf5434e7f34.jpg
[/IMG]

OldieOverland

Observer
great looking ride. Could you post up some shots of the bed rack and how you have the traction devices mounted ? i am going back and forth between the packrack and a camper shell for the bed

I'll have to take some better pics of them mounted next time. I added two extra weld-nut inserts on that side. This allowed me to mount it towards the end of the rack. They give you that option at Allpro but I didn't do it. It is very cheap to have them do it, which is what I should have done! :oops:

I used two bolts through the top hand grips on the tracks. I also added hex bolt star knobs to the bolts.

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

I'm really impressed with the packrack. It has given me a lot of options to mount recovery gear, and it allows access to all corners of the bed without having to climb into it. Hope this helps!

OldieOverland

Observer
Where are some places to wheel in NC? That looks like western part of the state kinda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were in the Max Patch area of NC/TN, just west of Asheville. There are a ton of forest service roads and "trails" around there. If you search through the Southeast forums on Expo, you can find a lotof info about places to explore!

OldieOverland

Observer
Love the Truck build and the Dobie!
I miss my Dobie��.
I have a Tacoma 2014 too. Had some minor issues with my CBI Trail Ryder swing out mis sized cause of a shipping mix up. But it's all good now.
b9649262b5a63a601ffaddf5434e7f34.jpg
[/IMG]

Your truck looks awesome. I had some shipping issues with CBI but they cleared everything up. Duke is our first dobie. We always had German Shepherds, but now we're hooked. They have great personalities and as a bonus, they are great alarm systems when remote camping!

cnutco

Adventurer
I noticed your GoPro mounted on your bumper. Do you have any videos on YouTube that I could check out? I would like to see the vantage point from there. I mount mine on my roof top basket which flattens out the ride in video. Looking for a change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk