2017 F-150 build...Everyone meet Walter White

ITTOG

Thank you, I appreciate the explanation! Fingers crossed they can fix it! Come to think of it, I did drive off the lot within 5 mins of it being done so maybe that's what it is.
If you do get the keys immediately then baby it when you take off. Lots of low end torque with a wet lube between the tire and the rim spins it really easy. I never wait for mine to dry and have never had issues but I do baby it. The other reason this happened is because these rims do not use weights on the edge of the rim. It is a little more difficult to use weights that are fixed with adhesives. Sometimes you get a guy in the shop without the experience and they don't get it balanced well. I used to have this problem but the discount tire I use now seems to have good experience with all their techs.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
If you do get the keys immediately then baby it when you take off. Lots of low end torque with a wet lube between the tire and the rim spins it really easy. I never wait for mine to dry and have never had issues but I do baby it. The other reason this happened is because these rims do not use weights on the edge of the rim. It is a little more difficult to use weights that are fixed with adhesives. Sometimes you get a guy in the shop without the experience and they don't get it balanced well. I used to have this problem but the discount tire I use now seems to have good experience with all their techs.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

@SDDiver5 What @ITTOG is trying to say is that you need to get real beadlocks ASAP to prevent the tire from spinning on the wheel!

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
They are so expensive!!

tumblr_nnt0soae6t1srbyoyo1_500.gifv

but they're so worth it.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
It was an easy choice because I dislike Methods which seem to be the easy go to for F150s and I found these for $1200. People have them listed for 2k-3k and they are for sale for ever. The non beadlock capable wheels and tires, brand new are going for about 1k but again listed for too high- around $1500.

If I were to go the method route it would have been 2k+ and if I would have kept the 20 inch STX rims, new tires would have easily been $1000+. It was a no brainer and by far the best looking wheels out there.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Did your vibration woes get fixed?
Negative.

Discount tire did the 180 flip thing to realign the weighted parts of the tire/wheel. Made it significantly better to where I can drive 65 and have very minor issues. Go to 70 and it wobbles me to death.

Made an appointment at Off Road Warehouse because they deal with this stuff all the time and they said yeah sure no problem. Dropped it off this AM and got a call a few hours later that it was ready. Went and picked it up on my lunch break and sure enough, still does the exact same thing. I almost don't even feel like they did anything. It was $50 for them to do nothing.

I'm pretty fed up with all of this BS. It should not be this hard.

I'm going to call ORW when I can to see what they can do but it's so inconvenient that I have to drive back there, its about a 15 min drive and I obviously have to work and either take an Uber or have my wife leave work to drive with me, etc.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Now that I have that off of my chest, I had a fantastic time in the desert this last weekend. I borrowed my brothers RTT and slept in it. The truck performed great and I love the suspension. Will post up some pictures when I get a chance.

D

Deleted member 9101

Have you checked your driveshaft to see if a weight has fallen off? I had one randomly fall off of my F150 about a month ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob