2017 F-150 build...Everyone meet Walter White

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
Negative.

Discount tire did the 180 flip thing to realign the weighted parts of the tire/wheel. Made it significantly better to where I can drive 65 and have very minor issues. Go to 70 and it wobbles me to death.

Made an appointment at Off Road Warehouse because they deal with this stuff all the time and they said yeah sure no problem. Dropped it off this AM and got a call a few hours later that it was ready. Went and picked it up on my lunch break and sure enough, still does the exact same thing. I almost don't even feel like they did anything. It was $50 for them to do nothing.

I'm pretty fed up with all of this BS. It should not be this hard.

I'm going to call ORW when I can to see what they can do but it's so inconvenient that I have to drive back there, its about a 15 min drive and I obviously have to work and either take an Uber or have my wife leave work to drive with me, etc.

I'd have them unbead the tires; separate them completely and see if one of the wheels themselves is out of wack.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
I'd have them unbead the tires; separate them completely and see if one of the wheels themselves is out of wack.
I'm heading back to ORW on Friday for another check. This time I'm driving the service manager on the freeway to show them what it does. We will see what they say.

They said if they cant figure it out to go to a place called American Tire ( I think) and then my dad suggested take it to Ford since its a ford wheel on a ford truck...he said the best balance he's gotten on his Tundra is from Toyota dealer. So we'll see. Luckily it's Q life so I'm not even driving all that much.

I still get excited and giddy walking outside and seeing my truck so that's pretty alright and keeping me happy.

badm0t0rfinger

Raptor Apologist.
I'm heading back to ORW on Friday for another check. This time I'm driving the service manager on the freeway to show them what it does. We will see what they say.

They said if they cant figure it out to go to a place called American Tire ( I think) and then my dad suggested take it to Ford since its a ford wheel on a ford truck...he said the best balance he's gotten on his Tundra is from Toyota dealer. So we'll see. Luckily it's Q life so I'm not even driving all that much.

I still get excited and giddy walking outside and seeing my truck so that's pretty alright and keeping me happy.

The best alignment I ever got was from a dealership so take that for what its worth (I know not directly related). People ******** on dealers but generally they're "good enough" and it takes forever to find a good mechanic but when you have a breakdown or something you dont have that luxury. I got a guy out in Escondido that I go to even if its hella out of the way.

I'm stoked that you're stoked. Such a good feeling.

Great photos from your recent trip... Love the look of the desert dust obvious on the tires while in the city.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
The best alignment I ever got was from a dealership so take that for what its worth (I know not directly related). People ******** on dealers but generally they're "good enough" and it takes forever to find a good mechanic but when you have a breakdown or something you dont have that luxury. I got a guy out in Escondido that I go to even if its hella out of the way.

I'm stoked that you're stoked. Such a good feeling.

Great photos from your recent trip... Love the look of the desert dust obvious on the tires while in the city.
Good to know, appreciate the input.

And RIGHT?? Love having a dirty truck right now regardless of how badly my wife wants me to wash it.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
These wheel wells are stuffed!! I have yet to hear any rubbing even blaring through the desert and getting a little sexy flexy last weekend. Driver side wheel full lock.

7ac2f76315d5cf8144072a5853d86886.jpg

9ae4ba34a4699557b001876038b678ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Have you rotated the tires? You may have a bent wheel

I have not rotated the tires. I’m not following what that would tell me?

All of the shops have told me they’re fine and are true. Still trying to confirm if they were ever balance via the Road Force technology.

Since these are the beadlock capable wheels, when the shops have taken the factory “beadlock” off, anyone know if the ring is supposed to go back on a certain way or line up somehow that the shop would have missed?

Honestly out of ideas. There’s a few other places I can take it I’m just tired of spending $50 to $100 for a shop to not fix the issue.

It’s definitely getting slightly better with each place I take it so I feel like it’s close.

I wonder if there is a way I can check to see if the wheel and tires are true without any special machinery??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kabobkabobkabob