2020 Defender Spy Shots....

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackangie

Yeah, it's just the right blend of new and old such that one instantly recognises that it's a Defender, but the new one.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
I think once we see all of the new one, everyone will know thats a new defender, flat fronts wont cut it anyway, for pedestrian impact 5 star, jeep and merc are curved now too, jeep still rated poorly as was still too harsh.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

blackangie

Not sure if this is the same engine going into the new Defender:

Probs, so similar power to v6, better economy, sounds like this reviewer didnt know about sports mode etc.

Ive got paddles on another JLR car and will defs be optioning on defender, they are great, flick to dynamic and sports mode and car comes alive.

Heres a better review taking a holistic view.

But to get the best from it you’ll need to knock the gear lever across to Sport and, ideally, pull the paddles yourself. If you don’t, the gearbox is lazy. Oh, you won’t mind that around town, where the shifts are gentle and unobtrusive, but if you want an extra snap of acceleration when pulling away from a roundabout, you’ll need to have pre-warned the gearbox, or pre-selected third instead of the fifth or sixth it will have already shuffled its way up to (eight ratios in total).

But get yourself in the right gear early and there is very little lag indeed. The power comes in nice and early and sustains itself across to the far side of the 6,500rpm redline. It’s snappy, almost naturally aspirated when charging along a B-road – something it does with reasonable aplomb.

JackW

Explorer
Oh that's right, Oz does not have Defender 90's so they wouldn't know what they look like. The colonials win again.

blackangie

That's not a RRC grille, that drawing looked a lot like the Defender that is sitting in my driveway right now....
Ive got a classic 93 RRC and that grill is pretty much identical [emoji41]

Its a bronco concept, made into a defender with rrc grill, move on its a pipe dream.

blackangie

Good comment on ladder from another forum
694b9eeab3d863a5b8064c8e880c3de7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3