2020 F250 6.7L Tremor w/ Carli & 37’s Build Thread

Tex68w

Beach Bum
After 6 months of waiting, our RSI Smartcap finally showed up! Of course, it showed up while we were in Baja w/ the truck and camper.. Which was a major part of ordering the smart cap. Assembled and installed it the week we got back. Unfortunately, probably won’t be another ‘big’ trip for quite some time.

Overall, I’m very impressed with the cap. It was packaged very well. Assembly went smooth - very tight tolerances did cause for a little bit of modification during assembly, but much better than sloppy fittings.

I’ll probably toss my front runner racks on top unless they sell with my diamondback cover (for sale in classifieds here.)

I need to make a post outlining our Baja trip both in this thread and my Casita thread. The truck handled flawlessly. The only thing I finished the trip ‘needing’ was probably airbags for the truck. The Casita handled flawlessly as well, but I do have a bit more of a “to-do/want” list for the trailer. This was my longest trip without hookups, so learned a few things.

View attachment 701029View attachment 701030View attachment 701031View attachment 701032

Looks great! I wish they made them for long beds. Which make molle panels are you running in the bed? Any updates on the 100???

Trixxx

Looks great! I wish they made them for long beds. Which make molle panels are you running in the bed? Any updates on the 100???

The panels are built rite bed panels. Very impressed with their quality. The 100 has just been going through a full preventative maintenance as I just crossed 100k miles: full synthetic oil, front/rear diff/transfer case change, new brake pads, rotors, rear calipers, fluid change, and probably more stuff I missed.. There’s a bit of rust under neath and have some bolts that hold the skid plates have snapped off, so trying to decide how I can get those screws out.. I’d rather just take it somewhere if it’s not stupid expensive, but not sure what kind of shop can handle it.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
The panels are built rite bed panels. Very impressed with their quality. The 100 has just been going through a full preventative maintenance as I just crossed 100k miles: full synthetic oil, front/rear diff/transfer case change, new brake pads, rotors, rear calipers, fluid change, and probably more stuff I missed.. There’s a bit of rust under neath and have some bolts that hold the skid plates have snapped off, so trying to decide how I can get those screws out.. I’d rather just take it somewhere if it’s not stupid expensive, but not sure what kind of shop can handle it.

Where are you located?

After 6 months of waiting, our RSI Smartcap finally showed up! Of course, it showed up while we were in Baja w/ the truck and camper.. Which was a major part of ordering the smart cap. Assembled and installed it the week we got back. Unfortunately, probably won’t be another ‘big’ trip for quite some time.

Overall, I’m very impressed with the cap. It was packaged very well. Assembly went smooth - very tight tolerances did cause for a little bit of modification during assembly, but much better than sloppy fittings.

I’ll probably toss my front runner racks on top unless they sell with my diamondback cover (for sale in classifieds here.)

I need to make a post outlining our Baja trip both in this thread and my Casita thread. The truck handled flawlessly. The only thing I finished the trip ‘needing’ was probably airbags for the truck. The Casita handled flawlessly as well, but I do have a bit more of a “to-do/want” list for the trailer. This was my longest trip without hookups, so learned a few things.

View attachment 701029View attachment 701030View attachment 701031View attachment 701032
Thank you for making me aware of this topper. Absolutely nails every box I care about for one for my truck. Outstanding.

maximumrob

Adventurer
As many times as I’ve seen “Carli + 37’s on a F250,” I wasn’t going to click on the thread, but this turned out pretty cool, especially the Casita! One question for you…what do you use the farm jack for? Mine was useful when I wheeled an old Jeep for a few years then I never used it again on any full-bodied vehicle. Found them downright dangerous to use on a modern truck (too easy to dent the sides of the vehicle and no jack points).

Trixxx

Awesome truck and build! Just ordered a 6.7 F350 Tremor in stone gray.

I’ve owned a LOT of vehicles over the year. If someone came and offered me $100k to build a truck, I’d build it exactly the same. The only difference I would change would be iconic silver, the 360 camera, adaptive cruise control, heated steering wheel, and winch. None of those are that important to me, and I may still end up with the winch at some point.

As many times as I’ve seen “Carli + 37’s on a F250,” I wasn’t going to click on the thread, but this turned out pretty cool, especially the Casita! One question for you…what do you use the farm jack for? Mine was useful when I wheeled an old Jeep for a few years then I never used it again on any full-bodied vehicle. Found them downright dangerous to use on a modern truck (too easy to dent the sides of the vehicle and no jack points).

The hi-lift jack could technically be used in certain off road situations which a regular jack would not work. I have never used it, but have had it for like 4-5 years and a couple different vehicles, so keep it just in case lol. I think they would be ideal on vehicles with sliders (like my previous 4runner or current land cruiser) as the sliders are designed to be jacking points and Should work sufficiently.

The Casita is a one-of-a-kind. I have done so many amazing mods to it and have a pretty good “to do list” after taking our most recent Baja trip. Primarily - tear out carpet and install hard floors, extend tongue and add rack to hold water/fuel canisters, solar, custom brackets for 4 scissor jacks to sit flush with the frame, and a few other things. Switching to lithium, the inverter, and closet mod we did over the last few months were a HUGE upgrade.

Most of my projects the last couple months have been with the cobra and land cruiser. While I don’t have any big trips planned with the Casita (unfortunately) for some time, I need to start knocking out a few of the larger Casita projects while we have cool Texas weather and plenty of room in the driveway/garage to get it out of the storage for the weekend.

On the truck - I installed the storage bin on the drivers side. Like the rest of the cap, install and quality was top notch. My initial plan was to install a full lithium/solar kit in there, but I’m still up in the air right now. Part of me wants to build up the truck to reach some destinations that I can’t pull the Casita, but we’ll see. Between the RTT and electronics I want, it’d probably be around $5k-$8k. If I knew I was going to use it a ton I’d be all for it, but living in Texas (where it’s hot as he** 9 months a year), I’m not sure that I see it happening. Also - work will be crazy the next year, so minimal time off..

861C7B82-7D86-47A5-B68B-B798E0714267.jpegAB922E9A-DD7C-430F-94F1-C19DD5B41820.jpeg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
RSI cap looks great!

Any updates on the truck?

Difficult doing anything with work and a baby, isn't it? I have some BD XL Pros and some SDHQ ditch mount brackets that have been sitting in my garage for the last 3 months and between a new job and baby girl I cant seem to find the time to install them.

Hope all is well with the baby!

Trixxx

RSI cap looks great!

Any updates on the truck?

Difficult doing anything with work and a baby, isn't it? I have some BD XL Pros and some SDHQ ditch mount brackets that have been sitting in my garage for the last 3 months and between a new job and baby girl I cant seem to find the time to install them.

Hope all is well with the baby!

No new updates on the truck. Been going after the 03 cobra now - short throw shifter, subframe connectors, and 18” cobra replica wheels with wider rear wheels. Ordering tires later this week, then will do exhaust, intake, lowering springs, tune.

I have a relatively huge “lesson’s learned/action item” list from our Baja trip over Christmas with mods i’ll want for the truck & trailer (I REALLY need to update the threads with those pics). I list my “action item” list below for the truck & trailer

I’m in a bit of limbo with work - between taking a 1-2 year sabbatical when my project ends in about a year, or possibly coming on full time. A 1-2 year sabbatical will obviously be life traveling in the trailer (we only rent a house, so will put everything in storage), and with that, I’ll want to knock out the list below. If I come on full time, long trips will be much fewer and far apart and maybe only ‘some’ of the items below will get completed.

The baby has been great! I’m fortunate that my wife is a SAHM, so my ‘honey-do’ list stays small.. That aside, I work 60 hrs a week and spend about 7 hrs/wk working out, so between that, spending all the rest of the time with my family, and resting from the exhausting of aforementioned activities, it makes it hard to dedicate my Sunday after noon to working in the garage in teh heat after running 8 miles and lifting for an hour.. I’d often rather… go to a brewery with the fam… lol

Lesson’s learned - Baja
To Buy/Install/Do
  • Clean out fresh water system
  • Lube bearings
  • Have brakes checked
  • Pro eagle jack or similar
  • Solar - suit cases or permanent (on lid of rear platform and front?) LOOK AT ZAMP SOLAR SUITCASES
  • Side leveler
  • More water containers
  • Need better mechanism (funnel?) for dumping water containers into tank
  • Weld on scissor jack brackets
  • Hardwood floors
  • Better storage for rear platform - install solar on lid of container?
  • Consider replacing tongue fuel tank with added water storage?
  • Extending tongue for tailgate to open and bed slide - adjustable length? Slide out when stopped? Generator and septer cans for tongue?
    • To consider when extending tongue - 7 pin extension, chains extension
  • Remove range cover and get wood cover
  • Waterproof sheet for dinette (twin size?)
  • Touch up paint inside (Sav)
  • Fix light above stove
  • Full size spare for truck (in original location or other)
  • Air bags for truck
  • Truck bed slide
  • Truck awning & awning room
  • Truck roof racks
  • Better sewer hose storage
  • Frame seal to protect against rust on trailer
  • Remove gravity fed fuel - install tote on platform - solar on tote? - add septer can holders to tongue - may need to decide something else for generator?
  • Sort truck bed storage

General Notes
  1. Full water tank + 10 gallons last 7-8 days showering EOD
  2. Full Def tank towing lasts around 2500-3000 miles
  3. 20# propane runs big red campfire 2-3 hours a night for 7-8 nights
  4. Charged lithium trailer battery lasts 4-6 days - running fans, lights, 1-2 hrs tv per night
  5. Bring stove for next trips - partner - buy table for stove/cooking?

Trixxx

Been a long time since updating this thread. Minimal changes to the truck with the exception of adding airbags. Putting more and more miles on it. Sitting at around 56k and couldn’t be happier with the reliability. I have a 7 yr, 125k mile ford bumper to bumper warranty, so plan to keep it at least til then, but maybe a bit longer.

Casita is no longer here, and has been replaced by a 23’ Oliver Elite II. 4 seasons, aluminum frame, composting toilet, 340 watts solar, 390ah lithium with 3000 watt inverter that has enough juice to run the AC for a couple hours without being plugged in. Twin bed floorplan makes it seem about 3x the interior space of the Casita, despite only being about 6’ longer.

Have a rear rack/hitch showing up today that we can use to mount our bikes, as well as a front basket to store the generator.

Attachments

• dji_fly_20230901_173338_492_1693611260634_photo.jpeg
    dji_fly_20230901_173338_492_1693611260634_photo.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6407.jpeg
    IMG_6407.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_6413.jpeg
    IMG_6413.jpeg
    556.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_1510.jpeg
    IMG_1510.jpeg
    563.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_5159.jpeg
    IMG_5159.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_4740.jpeg
    IMG_4740.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_4759.jpeg
    IMG_4759.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4751.jpeg
    IMG_4751.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_4755.jpeg
    IMG_4755.jpeg
    281.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_5358.jpeg
    IMG_5358.jpeg
    610.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Tex68w

Beach Bum
Been a long time since updating this thread. Minimal changes to the truck with the exception of adding airbags. Putting more and more miles on it. Sitting at around 56k and couldn’t be happier with the reliability. I have a 7 yr, 125k mile ford bumper to bumper warranty, so plan to keep it at least til then, but maybe a bit longer.

Casita is no longer here, and has been replaced by a 23’ Oliver Elite II. 4 seasons, aluminum frame, composting toilet, 340 watts solar, 390ah lithium with 3000 watt inverter that has enough juice to run the AC for a couple hours without being plugged in. Twin bed floorplan makes it seem about 3x the interior space of the Casita, despite only being about 6’ longer.

Have a rear rack/hitch showing up today that we can use to mount our bikes, as well as a front basket to store the generator.

Fantastic upgrade! I’ve been toying with a Casita or an Oliver myself, do an axle flip and some KO2’s, give a slightly beefier look for tugging down gravel/dirt roads. Major difference in build quality and finish out but a major difference in price too lol. Can I ask what you got for the Casita when you sold it and how long was your wait for the Oliver order?

Trixxx

Fantastic upgrade! I’ve been toying with a Casita or an Oliver myself, do an axle flip and some KO2’s, give a slightly beefier look for tugging down gravel/dirt roads. Major difference in build quality and finish out but a major difference in price too lol. Can I ask what you got for the Casita when you sold it and how long was your wait for the Oliver order?

The axle flip doesn’t work on the Oliver. The tried it at the factory for a customer and it came out terrible. Wayyyy too tall and basically unsafe, I saw some pictures that were posted. The Casita has a torsion axle so to lift you can add steel between the axle and frame (which is how mine was lifted).

I’m not sure what the waits are on new Olivers right now. I think around 6 months or so.

Mine is a 2021 that I bought from an older retired couple that used it during the pandemic. I paid $71k. For the same options new it would be around $105k. The new ones come with better sealed axles, but the new fridges only run AC/DC, not propane, so that’s a major downside.

They are both great trailers for the price point.

Trixxx

Looking at my tires, they are getting close to replacement. The tread depth is between 5/32 and 8/32. Tread isn’t too bad, but there’s some concerning dry rot/cracking in between the threads. I put on the 37” Ridge Grapplers at 15k miles and the truck currently has 55k miles, so not terrible tread life, but because of the cracking, I’ll likely go with a different tire this round.

I’m looking at the new Toyo RT Trails pretty hard. I’ve had great experiences with Toyo’s in the past (I understand they’re owned by the same company).

We’re heading to AZ from on the 15th, and back on the 2nd, spending the whole time in the trailer. Pretty pumped for a bunch of camping in our favorite spots and seeing my family in AZ (we do this trip every year). First trip with the new Oliver.

Planning on replacing the tires when we return, will update this thread for pics.

Open to any opinions on tires - really just Toyo or Nitto. I’ve had excellent experiences with both, so not going to change a good thing. My previous F250 had a set of Toyo MT’s that had 50k miles and tread life left when I sold it. I also was on my second set of Toyo RT’s on my 4runner, which was also fantastic.

On a note unrelated to Full-size, I’m in the process of installing a bike rack on the Oliver.. I really need to just start an Oliver build thread, even though I don’t plan to do a ton to it.. Also installed a front hitch basket that holds the generator/gas/water perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_8146.jpeg
    IMG_8146.jpeg
    514.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8145.jpeg
    IMG_8145.jpeg
    660.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8142.jpeg
    IMG_8142.jpeg
    615.3 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8141.jpeg
    IMG_8141.jpeg