2020 Overland Explorer Vehicles (OEV) CAMP-X pop-up slide-in pickup camper (renamed "Back Country" as of 2023)

tacollie

Glamper
After lots of back and forth with the people at Bish's we couldn't come to agreement on titling and registration. They said they are required to tile and register the camper in Colorado even if we buy the camper out right. I called the DMV here twice and gave them names of people to contact. We agreed to disagree and they refunded my deposit. It's a bummer we didn't get a sweet deal but I'm also happy to be you working with Matt Off-grid to order a camper.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
To get the sale price (Bish’s) required us to do financing through them… they don't know what to do with the title for the lien holder.…they said they are required to title and register the camper in Colorado even if we buy the camper out right.

This is such a strange deal.

The first part above kinda makes sense. If there’s a loan on the rig, then the lender wants to get a lien slapped on the ‘title’ of the rig to protect the lender if the unit is resold before the loan is paid off. Ok, makes some sense so far.

But the second part? The allegation that the law requires the seller to title and register the rig even in an out of state cash sale? That sounds like complete nonsense!

tacollie

Glamper
The whole experience was weird. My guess is they have a new gm who is micro managing everything. We are bummed. At least we haven't sold our FWC yet! We have some trips planned this spring. We may push getting an OEV until next fall.

We need to sell the FWC first to justify the standard pricing right now. We can swing a cross country right now. We may do that and once it's here sell the FWC to fund the interior build.

Ninelitetrip

Maybe in a month or so, they change their mind. The good thing is OEV is running about 12 weeks from order to delivery at the moment, I believe.

tacollie

Glamper
They are 12 weeks on the long side. They have 2 unclaimed units and Off-grid has a truck getting loaded next week. Technically we could have a camper mounted in 3 weeks. We just have to come to terms with the price?

FYI for anyone hunting for one - wife and I have our Camp-X for sale, willing to sell separately from the truck, although it goes together great.

As the post from yesterday evening states, I need to refresh the photos. But it dumped a foot of snow last night so that will likely need to be tomorrow or the weekend :D

SilentE

Hi all, OEV newbie here, wanted to introduce myself. I just stumbled on this thread this morning and it will take awhile to get through 50 pages, but glad to see the info and discussion. OEV beta is scarce out there! If this is just slide-in camper thread, please let me know, but most of the interior features are very similar so I’ve already found it useful.

I bought the 2021 Base Camp HW (now also being renamed, I think) from Vroamer in early December after it was in the market for about 6 months. The pics on the OEV site are of our camper, SN 001. We were out of town for most of January so I’ve had about 6 weeks with it so far, but couldn’t be happier. (We were in a 2006 6.0 Sportsmobile for past 6 years and this is a significant step up). Minor system upgrades and repairs, as well as additions for solo travel and recovery, are in the works as I have time.

So thanks in advance, and we will see you out there. We are in the Auburn area in Northern CA if anyone is nearby…..happy to check other rigs out and have a beer!

Eric

Attachments

• 8CF6775B-7A7E-4A3F-9792-E470E29D544F.jpeg
    8CF6775B-7A7E-4A3F-9792-E470E29D544F.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 56
  • 6B68935A-7913-47DF-8038-FEC6E111D938.jpeg
    6B68935A-7913-47DF-8038-FEC6E111D938.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 57

Ninelitetrip

Hi all, OEV newbie here, wanted to introduce myself. I just stumbled on this thread this morning and it will take awhile to get through 50 pages, but glad to see the info and discussion. OEV beta is scarce out there! If this is just slide-in camper thread, please let me know, but most of the interior features are very similar so I’ve already found it useful.

I bought the 2021 Base Camp HW (now also being renamed, I think) from Vroamer in early December after it was in the market for about 6 months. The pics on the OEV site are of our camper, SN 001. We were out of town for most of January so I’ve had about 6 weeks with it so far, but couldn’t be happier. (We were in a 2006 6.0 Sportsmobile for past 6 years and this is a significant step up). Minor system upgrades and repairs, as well as additions for solo travel and recovery, are in the works as I have time.

So thanks in advance, and we will see you out there. We are in the Auburn area in Northern CA if anyone is nearby…..happy to check other rigs out and have a beer!

Eric

@SilentE Congrats on your purchase. There are separate threads for the different models, but the Base Camp one is a little thin as there are not many out there. Look forward to seeing how it all works for you.

@HowardH and his base Camp.

Dedicated thread.

Overland Explorer Vehicles (OEV) BASE-CAMP Pickup Camper - Soft-Wall and Hard-Wall Versions

Chadx

♫ Off the road again. Just can't wait to get...
After lots of back and forth with the people at Bish's we couldn't come to agreement on titling and registration. They said they are required to tile and register the camper in Colorado even if we buy the camper out right. I called the DMV here twice and gave them names of people to contact. We agreed to disagree and they refunded my deposit. It's a bummer we didn't get a sweet deal but I'm also happy to be you working with Matt Off-grid to order a camper.

@tacollie Sorry to hear that didn't work out. Sounds like they have some kinks to sort through now that Bish's has bought out BigSky RV. I'm late to the party replying in this thread as my notifications weren't working (I was the Chad that exchanged a couple messages with you in the FB group). As mentioned there, next time I swing through, I'm going to ask a buddy that works up there (and has worked their long before Bish's took over) what is going on and the cause for requiring collection of title/registration/taxes for States where it's optional.

Last edited:

tacollie

Glamper
@tacollie Sorry to hear that didn't work out. Sounds like they have some kinks to sort through now that Bish's has bought out BigSky RV. I'm late to the party replying in this thread as my notifications weren't working (I was the Chad that exchanged a couple messages with you in the FB group). As mentioned there, next time I swing through, I'm going to ask a buddy that works up there what is going on and the cause for requiring collection of title/registration/taxes for States where it's optional.
Thanks for all you input. I have a couple buddies in Bozeman that said Bish's is definitely changed things up. Either way things seemed to have worked out for us. BTR Outfitters in Texas has a couple discounted 22's. We're are scheduled to get one installed next Friday.

MisterSmith

A while back I posted about making some Mole Panel Nuts. I finally got a batch of them in. Here are a couple pics showing how they work.

Molly-2.jpg

Molly-3.jpg

Send me a PM if you're interested. $10.50 each + shipping.

tacollie

Glamper
We picked up our Camp-x from BTR Outfitters in Abilene, TX. It was the first OEV they have sold. They did a decent job considering it's the first one they installed. They were all excited as we were to get it in our truck.

We have a few small changes in mind but zero buyers remorse at this point! The dog approves!
Screenshot_20230313-200556.png
Screenshot_20230313-200634~2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues