2020 Overland Explorer Vehicles (OEV) CAMP-X pop-up slide-in pickup camper (renamed "Back Country" as of 2023)

Crux

We got two more nights in our Camp-X a week ago. When we rolled up the camp we noticed there was a bunch of it antifreeze underneath the sink. I haven't had time to figure that out yet. One thing that we found weird is the propane regulator makes a really loud rhythmic noise. It almost sounded like water dripping in a sink. Has anyone else experienced a loud regulator?
We’ve never had those weird noises coming from our regulator.

Crux

Here’s the link to the shelf. We had to modify it a little bit, but it fits great and gives more storage space.

Brieb

That's all good advice.

I hope I've not led people astray by calling the technique a wimpy name such as wiggle. Ha. Maybe "rapid push/pull" would be more descriptive. It does require a fair bit of effort to put enough upward force on the rear hinge to have the intended effect. The intent is to unweight the roof a bit. As for speed of the jostling, what I'm personally doing is about 4 push/pulls per second, so fairly rapid.

I am having the same issue with my roof not aligning. I guess I still need practice to figure out this wiggle technique. But my real issue is that I am having to use all of my body weight and strength to get the front down. I read to leave the door close, start with the front, and place the fans on exhaust but it's not helping at all. I expected it to require some strength to open the roof, which turns out to be pretty easy minus the initial push, but why is it so hard to close? Does anybody else struggle to close their camper? I'm nearly throwing out my back wrestling the hinge down.

tacollie

Glamper
@Brieb We haven't had any aligning issues but it is tough to close. I can cost it by myself but the wife can't. If someone isn't holding the front down when we lower the rear it'll pop back up.

Zach_F

Oddly, the front on mine seems to have become more difficult to close over time. I really had to yank on it last time to close it. In a separate issue, one of my roof latches has quite a bit of rust blooming on it. Kind of surprised.

hscoots

Sigh..
Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 11.22.23 AM.png
and this for backcountry
Screenshot 2023-04-22 at 11.24.10 AM.png
pretty dissapointing, they jacked up the price first then offering $1k off as a deal

Brieb

Btr still has 2 2022.

I had reached out to them. They were very nice and responsive and I appreciated the manager sending me a signed quote for their discounted price. I think I would've bought from them if I had bought new.

Brieb

Oddly, the front on mine seems to have become more difficult to close over time. I really had to yank on it last time to close it. In a separate issue, one of my roof latches has quite a bit of rust blooming on it. Kind of surprised.
We have found that closing the rear first works better now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater