2020 Overland Explorer Vehicles (OEV) CAMP-X pop-up slide-in pickup camper (renamed "Back Country" as of 2023)

HI-TEST

Fuel Monger
I am still scared to stick industrial velcro on the composit walls! Interseted to see solutions.
Thinking about a set of LoftLockers as a way to address the lack of storage in the Camp-X. However, I'm not sure how I'd mount it to the ceiling.
L-Track would be amazing, if there is a glue strong enough. Otherwise I'd have to through bolt it, which has it's own issues.

Does anyone have any thought/solutions

Chadx

♫ Off road, again. Just can't wait to get...
Slick idea. Their 'automotive adhesives' are no doubt up to the task of adhering and supporting a fair bit of weight. Couple concerns with this image are sink faucet proximity (don't forget to turn that faucet sideways before lowering the top!) and clearance for the soft top walls as they fold in.

Likely they say only for autolift roofs due to weight (cabinets + contents) and that the roof stays flat while opening and closing with actuators rather than going fairly angled for manual opening. But I'm sure some outlaw will install one on their manual lift camper. Anxious to hear how that impacts manual lift effort.

I'm guessing the adhesive is Sikaflex 221, which Eric @ OEV told me they use for general "mounting".

Otherwise, probably VHB tape. FWIW, the shower curtain hanger in my HBE (above the dinette) was installed with what appears to be a strip of VHB, and the bond is beginning to fail, but that might be a fluke.

Cabinet looks cool, but make sure your sink spout is tucked down, and I share the concerns about weight. As a point of reference, the removable floor covering over my HBE shower pan is made of Delrin (as far as I can tell), and it weighs more than 15lb, though it's only roughly 2' x 2' ! Wish they'd made it from carbon fiber or something lighter weight.

Last edited:

rwalk

Slick idea. Their 'automotive adhesives' are no doubt up to the task of adhering and supporting a fair bit of weight. Couple concerns with this image are sink faucet proximity (don't forget to turn that faucet sideways before lowering the top!) and clearance for the soft top walls as they fold in.

Likely they say only for autolift roofs due to weight (cabinets + contents) and that the roof stays flat while opening and closing with actuators rather than going fairly angled for manual opening. But I'm sure some outlaw will install one on their manual lift camper. Anxious to hear how that impacts manual lift effort.

They did respond to a comment noting that it can be used on the manual top campers as long as weight is watched more carefully. Unless they turn out to be ridiculously expensive, I'll likely add one to my Camp-X. Extra storage space would be very nice, even if just for lighter items. My faucet, like most, stows into the sink for travel, so I would never run into an unfortunate issue there, and hopefully my wrap-around bungee for the soft top will keep it tucked in properly around the cabinet.

Before I found my OEV I was heavily considering ordering a Hallmark, they have a lot of overhead storage on their pop up models.

Last edited:

tacollie

Glamper
I like that they are offering it. We've been toying with adding a smaller cabinet in that area. Seeing OEV offers it makes me feel like it's not such a bad idea.

I like that they are offering it. We've been toying with adding a smaller cabinet in that area. Seeing OEV offers it makes me feel like it's not such a bad idea.
agreed. I'm excited to see specs on it.

Another option is SeaSucker vacuum mounts: https://www.seasucker.com/collections/vacuum-mounts

These are pretty heavy duty and require no drilling, adhesive, or other permanent installation. I could see using them to attach various things to OEV ceiling or sides. I found the below photo on SeaSucker website. From the looks of the camper interior, it actually looks like it might be installed in an OEV.(?)

snip.JPG

Ninelitetrip

For anyone that has the 200W solar panel. Any idea who the manufacturer is? Model number?

I believe the current dimension on these is 22.5 x 55.5 x ?

Anyone seen information that the newer 200W installs use a bi facial panel?

For anyone that has the 200W solar panel. Any idea who the manufacturer is? Model number?

I believe the current dimension on these is 22.5 x 55.5 x ?

Anyone seen information that the newer 200W installs use a bi facial panel?
Not 100% certain, but I believe they use Canadian Energy

www.cdnrg.com

This appears to be the current CDNRG 200W model, not sure if it's the same one I've got on the roof of my Hudson Bay:

This may be the same panel, rebranded as "GoPower Solar"

Last edited:

Ninelitetrip

Not 100% certain, but I believe they use Canadian Energy

www.cdnrg.com

This appears to be the current CDNRG 200W model, not sure if it's the same one I've got on the roof of my Hudson Bay:

This may be the same panel, rebranded as "GoPower Solar"

Thanks for the reply. Not sure because the dimensions are different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl