2021 F250 Godzilla Build

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Nice 250!

Guys, as to Ford sticking to ya, would you be better off taking a base model, XL and the engine you wanted then do all your mods with after market stuff?

Is that base 101 group of options the better way and then do the rest after market?
You'd be better off taking the factory options that you really want, all in all, they will be cheaper even if you have to take some things you don't care about. Suspension is probably cheaper and more effective off market or after market, it's very specialized.
Fabric colors and spray paint are cheap, make it anything you want.

Ninelitetrip

Go through the build guide and see what going to the aftermarket or buying oem parts adds up to for the items you really want. Have XL headlights and want LED, that's $1500 - $1800, running boards $800? Packages like the Premium or Sport add up, and there is stuff you don't want, but piecemeal can add up also.

Attachments

• 2023 Super Duty Pick-Up Order Guide.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 22

OllieChristopher

I know this thread kinda got hijacked with the ford/gas/ram blah blah blah, but is the build still going on? Let's get to the tray/camper part!

I'm with you!! It's pretty angering that members here decide to be toxic and put down someone's choice of brand truck. Every single vehicle on earth has plus and minuses.

This is a fantastic build and I'm excited to see the end result of all the great modifications of this build.

breden487

I know this thread kinda got hijacked with the ford/gas/ram blah blah blah, but is the build still going on? Let's get to the tray/camper part!
Been awhile since I've updated. I've added the Ford Performance winch, some Baja Designs ditch lights and will be installing a rear seat delete kit next week. I've probably put 30 weekends in it last year and about 20 from May 2021 when I purchased it to the end of 21. I love this set up, I've been to some pretty cool spots in and spent weeks at a time in it. I'll try to post some updated pics.

SimplyAnAdventure

Avg 11-12 but I typically run speed limit plus 5 over.
Love this build. TBH I was 100% set on building a flatbed OEV camper on a long bed regular cab Ford Big Block, and when it all shook out we just couldn't afford to do the Flatbed and Camper (we were planning on a Camp FX (or whatever it's called these days) Decided on a F350 XLT Tremor, Sport Package, XLT Premium and a slide in camper instead... ANYWAY, back to your build. It's amazing I've been inside those HBE's a few times and the slide with the Wrapon Toilet is the BOMB! Your entire package is amazing! If we can get similar gas mileage 11 or 12 MPG's with the factory 35's and our Supercamp Camper I'll be ecstatic. Since it's a little lighter maybe we will get 12 all the time, that would give around 400 miles of range.

Separate questions??? As you have a similar truck to the one we have on order.

Does anyone, like Long Range America make a larger fuel tank for the Gas 7.3's?

Have you mounted an air compressor anywhere?? I came from Tacoma's (see my avatar) and they make every part known to man, I don't see much for Super Duty's?

How about interior mounting for tablets, large GPS's, GMRS Radios?? I'd love to see your interior solutions if you have any of this figured out.

Thank you in advance. Love your build!

-SAA

PDX_Jay

Does anyone, like Long Range America make a larger fuel tank for the Gas 7.3's?

Have you mounted an air compressor anywhere?? I came from Tacoma's (see my avatar) and they make every part known to man, I don't see much for Super Duty's?

-SAA

I'm considering installing air compressor behind the back seat, using this (somewhat pricey) kit.

And Transferflow has a long-range 58 gallon tank - I purchased one for my 2022 7.3l crewcab. Don't have it installed yet. Just don't pass out from the price :) It's gonna cost you $3k-ish, depending on your location for shipping/installation - could be up to $3.5k. For me, still worth it, as I'm not only planning on being far from fuel stations regularly, but also planning on tapping into the fuel for a gas furnace/water heater.

SimplyAnAdventure

I'm considering installing air compressor behind the back seat, using this (somewhat pricey) kit.

And Transferflow has a long-range 58 gallon tank - I purchased one for my 2022 7.3l crewcab. Don't have it installed yet. Just don't pass out from the price :) It's gonna cost you $3k-ish, depending on your location for shipping/installation - could be up to $3.5k. For me, still worth it, as I'm not only planning on being far from fuel stations regularly, but also planning on tapping into the fuel for a gas furnace/water heater.

Thank you so much! That is exactly what I was looking for. Funny enough that DirtChurch kit is the only one I found that seems to make sense and I did read the installation instructions on it. I thought the pictures where awful and I had a really hard time envisioning it installed, which could partly be because my truck is still on order so I can't look at the actual truck and see where things fall. I actually like the idea of the in cab install a lot to protect the compressor from the environment.

Also that tank is exactly what I wanted! My truck will be a 2023 and I know there are some small tweaks that happened with the new models, but with any luck that tank will fit and or they will make another one for the 2023. I realize $3K is a lot of money, BUT range in a vehicle like i'm building is paramount over almost anything, not just for the ability to drive... Um... 12 mpg X 58 gallons = 700 Miles!!! but to save some money in really crazy places like CA or some of those tiny towns in the back country in Idaho where gas can be in excess of $10/gal. I love the idea and I think it makes the F350 a viable adventure rig. We aren't building a truck to go up Hell's Revenge but I would really like to be able to camp off-grid in Baja for a week or two, or simply not have to worry about range with such a big truck and camper.

I really appreciate this information. Super helpful!

-SAA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guapstyle