2021 Ford F150 || Building the Ultimate Overland Setup

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Did you look at the XLT trim or did you go with the lariat for certain reasons? I know the leather seats and LED headlights are nice on the Lariat but I'm wondering if it's worth the 10K price jump. Great build.
You can get LED headlights on the XLT 302a pkg as well. (502 and up get LED projector. 302a and 501a get LED reflector)

If you stick with the 5'5" bed, you can order the Black Appearance Package on the XLT that also gives you leather.

Lariat you get vented seats as well as heated, digital gauges, Auto 4WD. Depending what Lariat trim you get, you can also get a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats + wireless phone charging.

B^2

Observer
I'd want the longer bed since I've got two kids and a dog. We pack a ton of stuff when we go out of town. I live near San Francisco so heated seats aren't a huge deal but I like the digital gauges, auto 4wd sounds nice but not sure whether I'd take advantage of it or not. I believe the Lariat has a larger screen which is probably nice.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I'd want the longer bed since I've got two kids and a dog. We pack a ton of stuff when we go out of town. I live near San Francisco so heated seats aren't a huge deal but I like the digital gauges, auto 4wd sounds nice but not sure whether I'd take advantage of it or not. I believe the Lariat has a larger screen which is probably nice.
Yep, I went with the 6'5" bed for the same reasons.

My XLT 302a has the 12" dash screen like Lariat and up. Gauge cluster is a mix of analogue and digital.

1614183892617.png
Auto 4WD would be nice, but I've managed without it.

Annapurna

Sherpa Roof Rack

One of the most exciting parts of builds for me has to be the roof rack. As a small business owner it is always fun to get to see your product in action, let alone install one on your own truck and put it to use. We started the business back in 2017 and focus on building the toughest aluminum modular racks in the industry. It as a blast watching out engineers work on refining the rack for the F150 platform. These trucks are notorious for wind noise after installing a rack and our team wanted to make it silent. My truck must have received 5 different iterations before landing on the final design.

I have to leave a little plug here… if you‘re interested, check out: https://sherpaequipmentco.com/products/storm
We have a growing catalog and support F150/250/350 and will be launching stuff for RAM owners soon.

View attachment 768155

View attachment 768156View attachment 768157
Will you be making these in the “cub” size for the F-150. That is the size I need to fit with my OVRLND Camper.

Annapurna

The Build Plan: (2/28/23)

The following items are either on the truck or are in the plans. I will do my best to color code them.

Wheels & Tires
17”x9 Black Rhino Rapid Wheels (12mm)
Nitro Ridge Grappler RT Tires (315/70/17)

Suspension
2.5” ICON Coilover w/ CDCV (Front)
2.5” ICON Piggyback w/ CDCV (Rear)
ICON Billet Upper Control Arms
Custom Rear Leaf Pack

Armor
“Raptor Style Front Bumper”
RCI Offroad Aluminum Skid Plate Package
RCI Offroad Aluminum Fuel Tank Skid
Rock Sliders

Recovery
Warn VR EVO 10-S Winch
Factor55 Fairlead
Factor55 Flatlink E
Hidden Winch Mount

Lighting & Electrical
Baja Designs Fog Pockets (Squadron SAE Amber, Squadron Pro DC Amber, S1 Amber)
Baja Designs XL80 Ditch Lights
Baja Designs Rock Lights in Roof Rack Handles
Garmin Power Switch
Adaptive Cruise Control Relocation Bracket

Coms & Tech
ICOM IC-2730A VHF/UHF 50W Mobile Radio
Garmin Overlander
Garmin InReach
Garmin Backup Camera

Performance
Aftermarket Race Intercooler (Intercooler Relocation for Winch)

Storage
Sherpa Equipment Company Storm Roof Rack System
Rear Seat Delete System

Camper
OEV Camp-X Slide In Camper
Dometic CFX3 75DZ
The Bush Company 270
The Bush Company or AluCab Shower Room
WeBoost Drive OTR Cell Booster

The Goal:
I would like to develop two setups for this truck. One that is centered around a bedrack+tent combo and the primary being the slide in camper. We often find ourselves missing RTT camping and so having the ability to switch back would also open up more trip flexibility. Some trails/locations you just cant fit a slide in camper reasonably.
Let us know when/how you do the rear seat delete!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilgirl