4Runner or GX470?

98roamer

Explorer
Alright, I need your advice . I'm going to go take a look at this tomorrow: http://www.aamotorsales.biz/2975/2000-Toyota-4Runner-SR5-4x4-Loaded-NICE!

It's a little older and higher mileage than I wanted, but after spending some time here on this site, 167k miles doesn't scare me quite as much now. If it was your purchase (and of course assuming it has been properly maintained and is in good condition), and it was your family you were going to throw in it, would you feel comfortable throwing the gear in the back and taking your family on a trip with something this old?

Thanks!

I have a 98 and love it but I'm not a big guy, 6'1" 180 and hit my head on the sun roof a lot. but I sit up due to a neck issue. Spend some seat time in it. I love the older lines of the 3gens and I just turned over 201k with no major repairs. Research the Pink Milkshake tranny.

I would look for the 4th or 5th gen if going 4runner.

razzman1

Observer
Well, I wanted to thank everyone for their help and advice. I ended up picking this up yesterday:

I like everything about it except for the color (although I can live with it--it will be a lot cooler down here in the FL summers than the black or grey that I was looking for). It's a 2003, V8, SR5. It doesn't have many options (which is fine--I like that there is less that go wrong on it). It has the factory tow package, 6 disc CD changer (LOL at the size) and moonroof. I could do without the moonroof, but I'm not complaining. 120k miles, 1 owner, all maintenance records including the 90k service. All in all, I'm happy, and looking forward to doing some stuff to it and with it.

Anyone know of any OHV areas near FDR State Park / Pine Mountain area of Georgia?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77