4Runner Trail Edition

J*C*M

Traveller
I'm jealous.
I'm in love with those... not going in debt on a new truck right now though.

SeattleMike

Observer
I prefer your stock TE to the N Fab SR5. Not a fan of that look they're "rocking".

Are those 265s on your 4runner?

Yes, Duratrac "E" in the stock size. I'm still planning the rest of the outfit and saving up the cash. In the mean time, dirt roads fear me :yikes:

Ryan_S

Observer
You guys that have one what did you pay for it ? Local dealer has one with :
Nav.
KDSS
Roof Rack
Matts
They want $39,970.00 plus tax,tag,dealer fees .

~$37k
KDSS, floor mats, (the roof rack is standard, as in free)

chimyz

My Icon stage 4 lifted T4R Trail Edition:
4runnerside.jpg

4runnerfrontquarter2.jpg

SeattleMike

Observer
The dealer (stealer) tried to tell me the roof rack was a 700 dollar option .

Umm, no. The TE has a trim specific rack. If he lies to you again, I'd go ask his manager for an explanation and Toyota Corporate's phone number. This kind of crap might have worked in the past but there is no reason to put up with in the age of internet and instant fact checking.

The guy who sold me the 4R tried telling me I was going to have to wait three days to get it when it arrived. I got so loud and obnoxious the entire dealership was looking at us. My 4R was ready 3 hours later. The only appropriate response to insulting BS and games is anger and loud behavior because it puts them on the defensive and no salesman likes being on the defensive.

Nick B

Observer
Umm, no. The TE has a trim specific rack. If he lies to you again, I'd go ask his manager for an explanation and Toyota Corporate's phone number. This kind of crap might have worked in the past but there is no reason to put up with in the age of internet and instant fact checking.

The guy who sold me the 4R tried telling me I was going to have to wait three days to get it when it arrived. I got so loud and obnoxious the entire dealership was looking at us. My 4R was ready 3 hours later. The only appropriate response to insulting BS and games is anger and loud behavior because it puts them on the defensive and no salesman likes being on the defensive.
They wanted to keep it 3 days so they could show it to other people .

SeattleMike

Observer
They wanted to keep it 3 days so they could show it to other people .

I wish, but they had another there in the same color without the stock Nav unit. In this case, they didn't want to pay overtime for the prep team to get it ready but they did want to take my payment before the end of the day. Which is when I got loud and obnoxious.

I love my truck, down to every last nut and bolt, but I will never buy a new Toyota again if it involves anything more complicated than an internet order and front door delivery. Trying to get my color/trim/options was an ordeal and no one should have to work as hard as I did to spend 43 grand.

4Rescue

Expedition Leader

That is one SICK looking 5th Gen!!!!!!!! Gongrats on the sweet new ride. It looks like it replaced an already great truck so sood on ya for sticking with a Yota for sure mate. IMO these 5th Gen's are destined to go down in Toyota 4wd History as a really great truck.

I think some 33/10.50 or metric equiv. BFG KM2's would be absolutely "mamaries" on that truck. I LOVE thos rrims that you've got so you're half-way there IMO (no tthat your truck doesn't alreadylook great, I'd just prefer the above treads...or even some BFG AT's, they're the best overall AT in my book). They justy look SO perfect wth some tall skinnies, although what truck DOESN'T, hell, some 35/10.50 Super Swamper SSR Radials would be ABOSLUTELY UNREAL looking on those rigs. They already look like they have lots of sender clearence sto0ck, the aftermarket suspensions justy add to that so I think tall tires are just kinda meant to be on them. I LOVE THOSE 5TH GEN'S!!!!!!!!!!!! They're jsut SO amazingly great for us N.Americans that Toyota has left out in the "4wd cold" for Oh so long.

Now if we could jsut get a real JK RUbicon fighter here and their D4d and 1-KZ motors here I'd be in heaven and have no reason to drool over tohers shores just for trucks I can't buy... But as usual that's another thread all together eh ;)

Nice rig mate, Can't wait to hear some impressions from hoe shw rides/drives and hopefully wheels eh ;)

Cheers

Dave

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3