4Runner Trail Edition

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
I was thinking about one of these as a commuter myself, would you say these are better for the drive then your tacoma?

I would say that this TE is a wayy nicer ride than my Tacoma. Both this and my Tacoma have Icon suspensions but the rear end on the Tacoma is much firmer. There was alot of brake dive with the stock suspension. The Icon's did away with that. Don't get me wrong though, the TE still rides like a truck should. The on-road handling is much better. I dont know if this has anything to do with the KDSS. The MPG on the 4Runner is about 2 MPG better than compared to my Tacoma. That will likely go down a little once some armor is added. I can't speak for the SR5 or Limited models as far as ride quality/comfort.

docjake

Observer
I could look it up but since your right there are you running the same size km2's on both of the vehicles? What avg numbers are you pulling, 2mpg better for the runner isn't great considering the stuff you have on your taco or am I wrong? I do love the tech on the runner though I have had an 08 and an 05 taco and the interiors just were not very comfortable, I know it is a truck and I treat all of my trucks accordingly but the new runners just feel more solid. I am just trying to figure out what to get myself after world tour number 5:victory:

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
The tires are the same size. The Taco has had better MPG since I put the snorkel on it. Most guys with that mod have had a consistent 1-2 MPG increase. I would like to see a snorkel for the new 4Runners but I doubt that will happen because I haven't seen any overseas Toyotas sharing the same body panel. On another note, I am glad that Toyota kept the fully boxed frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3

Members online