4Runner Trail Edition

Applejack

Explorer
4Runners weren't all that cheap in the 90's either

Very true. People are hand wringing over the $38-39k price tag, but I have the original sticker for my '99 Limited 4NR and the original owner paid $36,000+
So all things considered I think it's not at all over priced. However it still is out of my price range:sombrero:.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
Then I asked the affable salesman, "How much?"

"37 and change" was the reply.

Well now folks, that's a lot of cheese....A few bolt on's, an air freshener and we're talking 40 large.

If money is no issue, one heck of a nice (big and capable) rig.

John

I bought my 2006 4runner sport 4x4 in March of '06 for $32K, with a nice JBL stereo. Granted it had no locker or KDSS but that's $5K savings, you can add coilovers and a locker for the difference and be better off.

If I were in the market know, I would go for 2010 SR5 that's been sitting on the lot waiting for a 2011 replacement and NEGOTIATE. Get it for ~$500-$1000 over invoice and add suspension and a locker in the aftermarket. You will come out on top because trail editions are in limited numbers and dealers will probably be less likely to bargain. I bet you can get a '10 SR5 4x4 for close to $29K-$30K and you would have 95% the same truck, maybe better with the aftermarket parts.

Danimal

Adventurer
Yep, I have the window sticker for my fully-loaded 1998 4Runner that was $38,800. 13 years ago!

-Dan

sandcrawler

Observer
i understand the terms, but thanks for the unsolicited tutorial.

i asked the question because i did better than your "NEGOTIATE" price on a 2010 Trail back in march so i wondered if dealers in CA are getting absolute top-dollar for 4Runners.

joneseyyy

Explorer
There are some very cool new 4runner builds on T4r.org.

I continue to be very pleased with mine, as it does great in stock form (except for a tire upgrade to duratracs - stock size). It is very confidence inspiring off-road and has enough space/comfort features to make it a great expo vehicle. In addition, there are a lot of high-quality aftermarket parts coming out for it.

I have sliders and a full-length baja rack on the way; I'll post an updated pic when I get the new goodies installed.

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
The Trail Edition is very impressive with all of it's off-road gadgets. I have a TE with the KDSS and it does very well off-road. The CRAWL control helps in situations where only two wheels have traction as well as steep downhills. I plan on adding some Demello sliders, Budbuilt skids, a new roofrack, CB and HAM radios, and some new floormats. That should do it for a while. Not much else you have to do to this thing.

_DSC8894.JPG

DarkHelmet

Adventurer
The Trail Edition is very impressive with all of it's off-road gadgets. I have a TE with the KDSS and it does very well off-road. The CRAWL control helps in situations where only two wheels have traction as well as steep downhills. I plan on adding some Demello sliders, Budbuilt skids, a new roofrack, CB and HAM radios, and some new floormats. That should do it for a while. Not much else you have to do to this thing.

_DSC8894.JPG

You big tease! The wife and I have been slowly researching and planning to purchase a TE toward the end of this summer. My Taco DC is just too cramped inside with our kiddo and her Prius just doesn't cut it off-road so we're going to sell the Prius and get a TE for her and set it up for family camping trips with a Gobi rack, RTT, fridge in the back, dual battery, mild lift, tires, sliders, skids, possibly an ARB bumper and winch, VHF/HAM radio and maybe a remote siren/speaker and LED lighting for SAR/EMT work as well.

-DH

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
You big tease! The wife and I have been slowly researching and planning to purchase a TE toward the end of this summer. My Taco DC is just too cramped inside with our kiddo and her Prius just doesn't cut it off-road so we're going to sell the Prius and get a TE for her and set it up for family camping trips with a Gobi rack, RTT, fridge in the back, dual battery, mild lift, tires, sliders, skids, possibly an ARB bumper and winch, VHF/HAM radio and maybe a remote siren/speaker and LED lighting for SAR/EMT work as well.

-DH

You have pretty much the same plans I do for my TE. We are selling my Tacoma for a Prius, haha. The TE has everything that I was going to do to my Tacoma. Wonder how a lifted Prius would look...:Wow1:

MrGrimm

Mall Crawler
Budbuilt has a ton of goodies out or in development. It's good to see the aftermarket start to finally kick in for the new 4Runners.

docjake

Observer
I was thinking about one of these as a commuter myself, would you say these are better for the drive then your tacoma?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3