67-79 F250 with modern engine swap is 15+ mpg possible?

Clutch

<---Pass
how about this one, not a Ford, but pretty cool and it has the diesel clatter http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4443566472.html

View attachment 223802

Nice find. I like that color too.

Did you see Icon is selling theirs....$300,000! It is nice, but $300K!!??

I like the 67-72 Chevys as well, too bad they didn't make a crew...have to go custom

20131219_132814.jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Im in for both of those. I love the dodge. My favorite old body style by far. That's the ICON build's body style. Imagine the truck you could build for 300k. I love the icons blend of old and new, but 300k?

njtacoma

Explorer
I really like the custom chevy crew cab, I like that body style a lot.

Icon does nice stuff, but 300K? Wow! I would go new truck and new motorcycles and maybe a Porsche on the side before I would do that.

locrwln

Expedition Leader
That Chevy is right up my alley...love that it looks stock.

I have to agree, the chevy is gorgeous. It's too bad they never made them in crewcabs, makes you wish you could go back in time and convice GM to build that body style in a crewcab. But like most things, that body style is a lot more popular now than it was then.

Jack

Clutch

<---Pass
I have to agree, the chevy is gorgeous. It's too bad they never made them in crewcabs, makes you wish you could go back in time and convice GM to build that body style in a crewcab. But like most things, that body style is a lot more popular now than it was then.

Jack

Trucks have gone from a strickly work vehicle to a family hauler do-it-all vehicle.

Not my favorite Ford body style , this would work too.

6255296653_235888e896_z.jpg

This picture pretty much sums it up.

5644671323_e85f4c116f_z.jpg

locrwln

Expedition Leader
Trucks have gone from a strickly work vehicle to a family hauler do-it-all vehicle.

For sure. What used to only be owned/used/driven by workers and used for work has long since become a DD.

That is a cool pic as well (both of them).

Jack

VDBAZFJ

Adventurer

Something about the second pic looks different. That bed does not look stock. Not sure what it is but the lines are not right. DOnt remember any year Ford having a bed like that..

Hmmmm

Still cool though.

Clutch

<---Pass
Something about the second pic looks different. That bed does not look stock. Not sure what it is but the lines are not right. DOnt remember any year Ford having a bed like that..

Hmmmm

Still cool though.

Looks like it is off a '60.

$T2eC16JHJGUFFh28Fu8CBRnDTl2Jlw~~60_58.JPG

Clutch

<---Pass
For sure. What used to only be owned/used/driven by workers and used for work has long since become a DD.

That is a cool pic as well (both of them).

Jack

Back when I worked construction, wish we had crew cabs in our fleet, 3 guys on a bench seat sure was fun...really sucked for the guy in the middle with the manual transmissions in a couple of our trucks.

dave1014

Adventurer
IH makes a few diesels, one was even put in Fords during the 90's. Have you looked into those? I know a guy with a mid-90's full sized Ford with the IH and he absolutely loves it. Been extremely reliable for him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Harvester_IDI

Or older Duramax?? I think the older ones can be had for far less than they used to be going for.

Cheers

IH/Navistar made all the diesels used in the ford pickups from 1986-2010

Sent from my SCH-I925 using Tapatalk

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel

Hmmmm

Still cool though.

The camper looks like a standard (non-unibody) 1962 Ford bed. The unibody beds so popular with hot rodders, and therefore often seen today, continued the upper body crease along the side of the bed.

The photo of the two-tone truck looks like a 1964+ style bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism