90 Dodge CTD build(pics)

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well heres a few of my K10 and my 67 and also a local club event I went to today.

60716013.jpg

Chevys001.jpg

60716015.jpg

60716016.jpg

60716018.jpg

60716020.jpg

truckstuff003.jpg

truckstuff001.jpg

truckstuff002.jpg

truckstuff004.jpg

Heres my 67. This was my 1st vehicle and my HS truck and its a wonder it lived. Owned it for 14 years now. it will soon have a 12v and a NV4500.
67pics075.jpg

67pics080.jpg

67pics019.jpg

Couple from back then.
67pics031.jpg

67pics032.jpg

67pics033.jpg

67pics025.jpg

And heres a few from todays GTG
Misc099.jpg

A crew my buddy built
Misc105.jpg

A couple trucks I've done pump work and turbo work on. I also helped build the Bumper and headache rack on the white one.
Misc106.jpg

Misc107.jpg

The front bumper on this will soon be on my 93
Misc111.jpg

The White dually is where the Alcoa wheels on my 93 came from.
Misc102.jpg

Misc109.jpg

My old Junk
Misc113.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Wicked looking trucks Pullit! How rare are those crew cab Dodges? Do they ever come with a Cummins in them? Nice show of wheels, thanks...:)

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
The crew cab Dodges can be found, The one I posted is a 78 with a 79 grille, the core support was made out of a 79 and a 92 core support. The truck originaly started life as a 2wd 440 truck. Nope A crew never rolled out of the factory with a 12v in em as they quit building em in 85. Also a 4wd crew will always be a shortbox. I've heard of a couple longbox 4x crews but have never seen one with my own eyes, I've heard they were special built for the forestry service.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
So I'm gonna try to underail my own thread.

A little birdie told me yesterday that there was a clean truck in a local U pull it yard so I went in there today to go see how good it was. Turns out it was real good, too bad a buddy of mine was already there pulling some of the parts I was after but oh well thats what I get for sleepin in. early bird gets the worm.

Any way I still made a decent haul, I picked up a damn nice seat for the 90 to bad its red but nothin a seat cover wont fix. The original was gettin a little tattered and broke down after 423,000 miles, It would start to hurt my back on long trips. I also scored a set of 89-93 pedals and hydros, a bumper for the 93, Column covers for the 93, a instrument bezel, and a decent 91-93 tailgate panel and like I always do I grabbed all the fuses and flashers out of the truck.

Heres the seat I picked up, I just wish it had the pocket on the front like the original 90 seat but I guess most saddle blanket seat covers have em so...

dodgepics099.jpg

dodgepics100.jpg

Rot Box

Explorer
Thats the thing about first gens... 99% of them have a blown out left butt check on the drivers side of the seat haha. They fixed that issue with the 2nd gens and just made the seats out of wood/plastic LOL :bike_rider:

Man I want your ol' Chevy so bad :Wow1: I've never seen proof but a lot of the old timers around here say you could get those and Dodges for a couple of years during the 60's with a diesel engine--Detroit I think...

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Yeah I hate the red, but the seat was to good to leave there. I sit about 2-3 inches higher in the truck now, that'll take some gettin used to.

I've actually seen plenty of 2nd gen seats that have been fata$$ed to death.

I've heard the Detroit rumor too in Chevys but never Dodge. GM also used a Toroflow in some of there big trucks.

Which Chevy do ya like? I gots 2(currently).

The 60 I got about 6 months after I picked up my 90 I traded my old 72 1/2 ton Highlander for it It was photogenic but really rusty. The funny thing is my 72 was decently quick with the 462 in it but my old 90 would just walk away til about 100mph
67pics036.jpg

67pics035.jpg

67pics037.jpg

67pics059.jpg

If you didn't notice before I really like Old Iron. (63 Dodge on the trailer, 69 Custom Camper factory 396/AC truck, 65 Allis Big Ten in the back of the 72. And that just a few.)

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
My favorite is the old blue Chevy Apache!:Wow1: The body style on those old rigs is soooooo cool.:drool: All in all a really nice collection of trucks you got Pullit!:drool:

Rot Box

Explorer
Yep the Apache is my favorite too. The hood especially :drool: Those were always scrapped out for the later hoods when those trucks were popular around here and its a shame.

I had a 67 just out of high school and I miss it. Can't mistake a 67 as most of them had that little rear window :ylsmoke:

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Yeah my 60 was for sale but I just couldn't bring myself to sell it. And Yeah the hood is what makes the 60 and 61 trucks, I will never get rid of a 60/61 hood. I really dig the 60-63 knee knockers(Or noggin knockers if your getting out from under the dash).

Yep most 67s had the small back window and all of em didn't have side markers. IMO the 67/68s were the Best looking truck ever built by any manufacturer hands down no questions asked. The 60/61s are a very close 2nd.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Yeah it looks good and is comfy but I'm gonna have to buy a bottle of Febreeze for it. I noticed its got kind of a musty funk to it.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
So I took the busted shaft into my local driveline shop today, They said If I buy the joints and ball kit for the CV they would cover the new flange and H yokes and eat the labor.

When I had this one rebuilt a while back there was a misunderstanding and the wrong brand of joints were put in. The guy said if I broke em they'd take care of me. I was hoping they'd cover everything but I guess it better than nothing.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Pullit, next time get it in writing!:Wow1: At least you recovered some of your costs. The new seat looks `Cherry´:)

tlbrewer

Observer
Yeah my 60 was for sale but I just couldn't bring myself to sell it. And Yeah the hood is what makes the 60 and 61 trucks, I will never get rid of a 60/61 hood. I really dig the 60-63 knee knockers(Or noggin knockers if your getting out from under the dash).

Yep most 67s had the small back window and all of em didn't have side markers. IMO the 67/68s were the Best looking truck ever built by any manufacturer hands down no questions asked. The 60/61s are a very close 2nd.

The 67-72 GM trucks are my favorite's as well. My very first truck was a '67 GMC. The only year of that vintage with the GMC embossed in the middle of the grill instead of the letters across the front of the hood. That was an unusual truck. It was a fleet model 2WD half ton with rear leaf springs instead of coils, 4:11 12 bolt (if I recall), and a 250 I6 backed up by a Muncie SM465. Very unusual combo. Wasn't fast enough to get out of it's own way, but would take the whole neighborhood with it getting there.

Tom

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues