90 Dodge CTD build(pics)

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Thing is it doesn't take much time at all to do in the grand scheme of things and help out great deal. I think it took me just a little over an hour to do all 8 ports.

I still have yet to do the head, which will be done when I put a 7mm head on, that head will have some serious port work done and will probably be o ringed to. Air flow is the key to a good running 12v, help performance across the board, helps spoolup, and reduces egts considerably, not to mention it will clean up a bunch of unwanted smoke.

I used a harbor freight die grinder and an expensive little bit, the bit cost more than the die grinder. Bit was around 50$ and the die grinder can be had for about 10$

dodgepics066-1.jpg

dodgepics067-1.jpg

Last edited:

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Nother Road trip this weekend, A buddy just bought a 92 or 93 W350 Ex cab dually in Belle Fourche South Dakota. Should be about 1400 mile round trip.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Just got back from South Dakota. This time we actualy drug home the rusty truck. Got bad mileage but we were grossing somwhere in the 20,000-21,000 range. And when I got home I came home to a foot of fresh snow.

I'm working on pics now.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Couple pics from this weekend

SouthDakota021.jpg

SouthDakota024.jpg

SouthDakota029.jpg

SouthDakota030.jpg

SouthDakota034.jpg

SouthDakota041.jpg

SouthDakota044.jpg

SouthDakota047.jpg

SouthDakota048.jpg

SouthDakota055.jpg

SouthDakota081.jpg

And this is what I came home to. Main street in My hometown of Eagle.
SouthDakota084.jpg

So I took a few snow pics.
SouthDakota090.jpg

SouthDakota091.jpg

SouthDakota093.jpg

SouthDakota095.jpg

BCHauler

Adventurer
Wow. Nice pics. Thanks for sharing. I'm envious of the beautiful scenery, old iron, and opportunity for a road trip. That diesel extracab 4wd would be a very desirable rig around here.

Rot Box

Explorer
Great pics! SD is a place I've never been. Yep that truck is easily in the $4K+ dollar range around here.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Yeah I know my 93 would be much more comfortable but I don't trust it yet to go that far and I still gotta fix the front clip.

Rot, You should go, I've been there a few times and love it. The truck we picked up is very rusty, Cab supports are gone along with the rockers, and the floor needs work to. However it is a 93 ex cab dually 4x4 with a 5spd.

The old 90 performed flawlessly again as expected, were now at 423,100. Man I love that old wreck.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Its always fun when I can get away from the house.

There's just something about being hundreds sometimes thousands of miles away from home in an old high mileage rig like mine.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Yep, we were about 3 miles from Newell when we turned and took 79 into Sturgis. We Ate breakfast at a little joint on 212 outside of Nisland.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues