90 Dodge CTD build(pics)

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Actually in 67 it would have been an SM420 transmission. But the 250 is kind of the odd duck in a GMC, Usually they liked to run a 292 or there 305 V6.

My 67 was originaly a 250 truck then I yanked that in favor of a 292, then in went a 350, after that was a fresh 292 but I burned down #5 I discovered a crack in the intake manifold, After that was a cheap 230, then this last spring I tossed in another 292.

I prefer my cylinders be in a row and to shift my gear manualy.

tlbrewer

Observer
You are correct. It was an SM420 now that I think about it. I always wanted to build a 292 for it. Love those inline 6's. I thought the 250 was odd for that truck also, but so was the rest of the drivetrain.

BCHauler

Adventurer
Looking good. I'm digging your matching driver and passenger bottle holders. Never seen that before. Are those a Nebraska special! :)

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Yes, the cup holders of infinant possibilities, I think I've had more comments on those than I have on the seat!! Nah not a Nebraska deal, The truck is an LE.:ylsmoke:

Nother little update, I figured out an intermittent grid heater issue, It was a bad ground in the engine harness. I also just installed new Tie rod ends today. That took a lot of swearing, heat, and PB blaster but I got em. Then I set the toe with a tape. I guess we'll see if it burns the front tires off this weekend as I got a small 300 mile trip to central Nebraska to work on a Cummins powered H1.:smiley_drive:

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Got the shaft I busted up back today. I also washed the truck as it was getting pretty grungy. I also Cleaned the interior and got a few stains out of the upholstry, and I febreezed it too, it smells much nicer now.

fixed.jpg

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I wish BFG still offered KMs. Those look to be in decent shape. Nice shaft too. If you can say that without being censored:sombrero:

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
I wish they did too. Yeah, I picked up a set of 3 off CL a while back for 100$ I need to find 1 or 2 more then I have a complete set.

I wonder if they would re introduce em if they had enough demand?

Fresh shaft with new Spicer parts!!! after looking at the old busted parts I did deduce that it was a ujoint that failed first. They were Neapcos in the double cardin before.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well, Had a good weekend. Saturday was my Birthday so i went to a buddys place to do some work on a few trucks, Welded on a set of traction bars on a buddies truck, Got another guys Cummins powered H1 runnin again put a throttle cable on my 90,(the old one broke a few weeks ago driving across Iowa so I've been running on a piece of Mechanics wire for the last couple thousand miles). I also drank a few beers and me and another buddy went to the local U pull yard and scored some stuff. I got a good set of door speakers for the 90, He scored a good CD/Tape/Radio like I put in my W350 and then we ended up pulling a NV4500 out of a 99 chevy.

Misc126.jpg

Misc129.jpg

Misc128.jpg

Yummy
Yummy.jpg

tn.jpg

and a couple looking under the skirt of the 90
Misc140.jpg

Misc138.jpg

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Happy birthday Pullit! Nice looking welds you did under that truck. Since its your birthday (or was) I think I will have a beer:beer: in celebration.....:ylsmoke:

Rot Box

Explorer
HBD! Hey you're not fooling poor guy's like me with that pic of all the "fancy" beers.... I see the Busch Light can! LOL :coffeedrink:

Looks like that scrap yard has a couple sweet old Fords :Wow1:

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Thanks for the HBD's, I think everyone should have a tall cold beer in celebration.

Rot, I havn't drank a Busch light in probably 3 or 4 years. You will usually find me sippin on a nice cold Grainbelt or Grinbelt Nordeast and Guinness Mixed with Stella on special occasions. I like trying all different kinds of beers though. My favorite brewer is Schell's up there in Minnesota EH.

Yeah, the Yard we went to is a brand new yard that opened up about 2 months ago and it does have a lot of nice stuff in there, some of which that probably shouldn't be in there. That Ford crew Had a hi pinion ball joint D60 in it.

Yeah, them welds should hold I hope.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the HBD's, I think everyone should have a tall cold beer in celebration.

Rot, I havn't drank a Busch light in probably 3 or 4 years. You will usually find me sippin on a nice cold Grainbelt or Grinbelt Nordeast and Guinness Mixed with Stella on special occasions. I like trying all different kinds of beers though. My favorite brewer is Schell's up there in Minnesota EH.

Yeah, the Yard we went to is a brand new yard that opened up about 2 months ago and it does have a lot of nice stuff in there, some of which that probably shouldn't be in there. That Ford crew Had a hi pinion ball joint D60 in it.

Yeah, them welds should hold I hope.

I really like those welds:Wow1: Pullit. Did you weld them?

And since it was your birthday and all, here is me drinking a beer in celebration.....
DSC04809.jpg

Cheers to you all from Chilli!:)

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
That one on the far right? I was blinded by the Stella's? I have to get rid of my '99 Dodge first. No room in the driveway and with all the snow we get, you are not allowed to park on the streets. I have a '93 with a low mile 460 and ZF5 swapped in lined up in Oregon, and we are going done there on the 4-7 of march. Hope I can move the Dodge before then! I tilted a nice Spanish red for your b-day!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater