I didn't take these but.. a little truck pull carnage
581079_3521424477116_1809452041_n.jpg

533315_3521422837075_1186627432_n.jpg

562152_3522287018679_1087295855_n.jpg

this one for you Chili
600867_3521426117157_1422137873_n.jpg

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Well, Finaly got around to doin the shackle flip today, Took a little longer than I wanted but.... Started at about 930 this morning and had all the tools put away by midnight. The tear down didn't take long but getting the old spring eye bushngs sucked. THis was quite the pain in the ***(and back, and knees to do but the results were well worth the hassle. The truck rides about 10 times better and now I have no lift blocks at all, and it also took care of some bad axle wrap i had when not running traction bars.

Pics will be posted tomorow

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
The bushings are always a bastardo. Last time I did a shackle reversal I started drilling the rubber out with a BIG 1/2" drill, but found that if I let the bit go in right next to the spring eye, it would "walk" in a circle between the bushing and spring. That broke the bond between the two, and I could pound them out. This time we used a ball joint press with air impact and heat. I don't think it was any faster this time, but it was a lot less physically demanding!

Looking forward to the pics.

lstzephyr

wanderer
The shackle flip turned out well! Your truck seems to have better flex to boot. I am interested to see how the shackle flip affects your pulling too. I've heard all sorts of positive and negative view points on shackle flips so it will be nice to hear a first hand account.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
The shackle flip turned out well! Your truck seems to have better flex to boot. I am interested to see how the shackle flip affects your pulling too. I've heard all sorts of positive and negative view points on shackle flips so it will be nice to hear a first hand account.

X 27.6

SChandler

Adventurer
Which shackle flip kit did you use? Looks like Jungle's kit from Ramcharger Central. I am also interested in hearing how it does towing.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
Yeah its Jungles setup. The first hook on the new setup will be next Sunday.

I actually don't tow much with this truck anymore cause I got the dually.

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
HOLY SMOKES what a summer, Since last time I posted here I've had some very serious carnage due to sled pulling and dyno events.

So far This summer I've broke

3 driveshafts
2 pinion yokes
3 sets of straps
1 set of spring centerpins
I broke the spring perches on the rear axle twice
1 u joint, but replaced 3
And the most impressive carnage was on the dyno about a month ago, I kicked the rear shaft on a 5th gear pull and it whiped and broke the rear extension housing on the NV4500, Then a piece of aluminum went though 5th and bounced the Main and countershafts apart. When it did this it screw up 5th gear on the main and counter and it also broke the case and top cover of the 4500.

Its been a terrible year as far as carnage. Its a good thing I keep a lot of spare parts around.

My next post will be al about the rear axle fiasco when I rolled the rear out and broke the perches and a bunch of other stuff.

Bartonmd

Observer
HOLY SMOKES what a summer, Since last time I posted here I've had some very serious carnage due to sled pulling and dyno events.

Yeah... Don't do that... Or more specifically, if you are going to do that, KNOW that you will grenade stuff nearly every time.

Mike

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
So heres a few pics of the rear axle carnage and how I fixed it.

90dodge098.jpg

90dodge099.jpg

90dodge112.jpg

90dodge127.jpg

90dodge129.jpg

90dodge143.jpg

90dodge142.jpg

90dodge151.jpg

Oh and heres a little carnage from a few weeks before the axle deal.
Picture565.jpg

pulltilbroke

Adventurer
And heres the Dyno incedent. This mess happend about a month and half ago and it was just after I got the rear put back together. I had a u joint strap break on a 5th gear pull with 110 mph wheel speed. The shaft came lose and started whipping and broke the rear extension on the transmission. When that happened a piece of shrapnal went through 5th gear and chewed the gears and bounced the shafts apart breaking the case and top cover. I ended up finding 5 cracks in the case and one went from the back of it al the way forward to the pto cover!

We ended up diggin a case out of the shed and we got er cleaned up, I also already had a bearing and synchro kit on the shelf so that helped costwise. I figured I'd build this one right so I called Zumbrota bearing and gear and ordered a new fully splined updated mainshaft, a cast Iron extension housing and the latest greatest updated 5th gear nut, i also got a seal kit for the 205 cause it was starting to leak pretty good. I also put new tranny mount isolaters in it, a new speedo reducer box and when its all said and done it will have 2 more brand new u joints and some other crap I'm forgetting.

Breakage2.jpg

Breakage1.jpg

breakage6.jpg

Breakage8.jpg

90dodge.jpg

breakage11.jpg

breakage13.jpg

Picture654.jpg

Picture658.jpg

Picture660.jpg

Picture664.jpg

Picture670.jpg

Picture667.jpg

Picture673.jpg

Picture678.jpg

Picture692.jpg

Picture696.jpg

Picture711.jpg

As of tonight
Picture714.jpg

Picture712.jpg

Rot Box

Explorer
:Wow1: Jeepers that did some damage! I did think those little 6 bangers had it in them LOL J/K :bike_rider:

I was wondering where you've been great to have ya back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues