97 R50 Pathfinder- Building the dream

Lecoq

Explorer
Will do, I've got a lot going on with work and the family right now. I'm hoping I get some free time to start working on the 4Runner this weekend. A new adventure begins.

It's pretty exciting. Apart from the whole "starting over and doing maintenance". Wish I had more time and space, that way I would keep the Pathfinder and do a Titan 5.6 V8 swap. ;p

Lecoq

Explorer
Got some farewell pictures of my R50 last night. A good friend of mine is a professional photographer and took some time to setup some pretty sweet shots.

SebastianTruck1_zpseb9f68b0.jpg

SebastianTruck2_zpse4ece695.jpg

Allof75

Pathfinder
Farewell indeed :(

But good luck in your next adventure vehicle! I'll definitely check out the thread so long as I don't get lost in all the Toyota activity on here haha

humz

Too bad to see the Pathy go it was nice seeing one the very few R50's out. If you needed more power you should have upgraded to a 2nd Gen x:ylsmoke:

Lecoq

Explorer
Thanks Matt! Nice to see you joined. I'm looking forward to going out wheeling with you again. Hope you start a build thread on the Frontier.

I thought about a second gen Xterra but the deal on the 4Runner was too good to pass up. Otherwise it was definitely an option I was considering.

fistfulofpowder

I plasti-dipped the front and rear bumper chrome pieces on Saturday. Still have to do the front grille. Also got the new wheels installed today. I kept the wheel specs mild so I could still run my newish tires (bought in December) and I wanted the stance that Janseman has on his R50. So I went with KMC Enduro 15x7 with a -6 offset.

C3E9F515-703C-4A53-A7CD-0ED510D35DA0-11106-000008A2CAD3F6FA_zps839355e1.jpg

Man your R50 was (is) awesome! When you did this did you just tape off the area's you wanted done or did you remove the pieces and go that route? I found some Plasti Dip at a local home hardware here in Edmonton and plan on doing my front and rear bumpers as well as the grill. Any advice/tips you might have would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

bushnut

Adventurer
watch a couple of You Tube videos on Plasti Dipping. just prep well, tape off the lights, and spray away. If you don't like it pull it off and try again. 2 cans did 4 wheels and both bumpers.

wesrunner

What air suspension are you talking about on that 4runner?
I didn't think that the 4th gen Runners got the KDSS like the new Trails.
Is it the XREAS suspension? Because you can (i have) just rip it out and installed a regular lift like OME or ToyTec...

Either way nice pathy. It's not a yota :p but it's nice to see older suvs get some love and attention. I'm going the same (factomod) look with my 99 T4R.

Lecoq

Explorer
4th Gen had rear air suspension air bags instead of coil springs.

I kind of miss this truck. Had more time to go out wheeling with it than both the 4Runner and my Jeep so far.

wesrunner

google told me what i needed to know. being that select limiteds had RAS.

HERE YA GO:
http://www.toyota-4runner.org/4th-gen-t4rs/117219-rear-air-bag-suspension-removal-ltd-owners.html

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy