99' XJ: Slowly Going Down Under.

That One Guy

Adventurer
Dude, very cool XJ. I like those white diff covers a lot and the whole building on a budget thing is something I can relate to. It's weird seeing all those places and hearing all those names. I miss Oregon. Where in the Willamette Valley are you?

MCObray

Explorer
Jeep is looking good, even if you turned around and sold my roof rack for profit :p

Yeeeah I though it would sit a tad bit lower, but I was wrong. I wish I could have fabbed something up in order to lower it's height, but I am not handy with doing modifications. Hows your XJ coming along?

very nice XJ, how is it with rust?

None whatsoever! It spent most of its life in Arkansas and the last year or two in Oregon. A great foundation in which I can build off of.

Dude, very cool XJ. I like those white diff covers a lot and the whole building on a budget thing is something I can relate to. It's weird seeing all those places and hearing all those names. I miss Oregon. Where in the Willamette Valley are you?

Thanks man. Yeah I thought I would be unique and since I had some time on my hands before I could install them, I thought why not and give them some color. I have to be on a budget due to my low income so I consider Craigslist to my main source of Jeep Goods. Yeah Oregon is a great state and the cool thing is, is that there are so many other places I have yet to see (Hells Canyon, Noon Day Trail, More of Browns Camp, etc.) I am currently located in Salem. Whereabouts did you used to live?

Last edited:

bldeagle10

Explorer
if you haven't already I would consider lots of rust prevention, like chassis saver on the underside and such. luckily my XJ has spent its whole life in arizona with me so before I move I want to spray the undercarriage and such...

That One Guy

Adventurer
Thanks man. Yeah I thought I would be unique and since I had some time on my hands before I could install them, I thought why not and give them some color. I have to be on a budget due to my low income so I consider Craigslist to my main source of Jeep Goods. Yeah Oregon is a great state and the cool thing is, is that there are so many other places I have yet to see (Hells Canyon, Noon Day Trail, More of Browns Camp, etc.) I am currently located in Salem. Whereabouts did you used to live?

Craigslist is the only way I buy or sell the many things that pass through my hands. I know, I can't wait to start gettin' out there and just explore. Oregon is a beautiful state. And that's really cool, I was in Salem too. Behind What used to be a GI Joes off of Colt ln. If you've seen a bright orange TJ with 35's and a Hi Lift on the back, that's my dad. It also used to have a MOAB sticker on the windshield.

LawnDart-XJ

Observer
Very nice jeep. Do yourself a huge favor and put the rock rails #1 on the list you do not want to ruin those perfect rockers. Aj's are real nice but look at JCR's also. I am sort of partial to JCR being all my armor is from them.

MCObray

Explorer
Very nice jeep. Do yourself a huge favor and put the rock rails #1 on the list you do not want to ruin those perfect rockers. Aj's are real nice but look at JCR's also. I am sort of partial to JCR being all my armor is from them.

Thank you. Yes, Rock Rails are on the top of my list. I plan on buying them sometime this fall/winter because I don't think I could stand seeing my rockers being dented, scratched, etc. EH, not a fan of JCR. I've been seeing that they are having/have had fitment issues with some of their XJ stuff and thats something I don't really want to deal with. The only thing I would get from JCR is their T-Case Skid. Not trying to knock them, I just prefer other brands.

Tomorrow is my 20th birthday so we shall see if I somehow receive any Jeep parts:sombrero:.

MCObray

Explorer
My girlfriend must have checked this thread of something :)....
securedownload-11.jpg

Last edited:

MCObray

Explorer
Placed an order for the following:
-Uniden PRO520XL 40-Channel CB Radio.
-Firestik 3ft Firestik ® II FS Series Tunable Tip CB Antenna 650 Watts White - Firestik FS-3WH.
-FireStik K-8A 18 foot single antenna coax cable
I still need/try and make a tail-light drivers side CB Antenna mount.
Also just scored a deal ($35 off) on JeepForum for a brand new set of JKS Quicker Disconnects Part #JKS 2000.

All parts, including the AJ's Super RockRails, should be coming in the mail in the next two weeks. So pumped!

Last edited:

MCObray

Explorer
Got some goodies in:).
securedownload-2-2.jpg

Now if only I could find some time & space to get these things installed! I also need to get a rear CB Antenna mount.
*Not Picutred: Factory GTS.*
Hmmm... I wonder what this could be...
Screenshot2011-10-30at100641PM.png

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
OME sells full lengh add a leaf springs for those springs. They go right under the main spring. I put two on each side.

MCObray

Explorer
Looking great! Keep up the good work!

Thank you. Now comes the fight to try and get everything installed.

Yaaay! Heavy packages are always good! More happiness per pound!

They have arrived. Hopefully I can find some time today to get them unpackaged!

OME sells full lengh add a leaf springs for those springs. They go right under the main spring. I put two on each side.

Yep I have those in each of my leaf spring pack... OME D22XL AALs. They are great.

MCObray

Explorer
Phew, it's been a busy week with school. I found sometime tonight to unwrap my AJ's Super RockRails. Everything looks good to me... now all i've got to do is Sand/Steel Wool, Clean (Mineral Spirits), Prime (Rustoleum Primer), Paint (Rustoleum Semi-Gloss).
Pics:
DSC03243.jpg

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

DSC03249.jpg

DSC03247.jpg

DSC03244.jpg

DSC03264.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member