99' XJ: Slowly Going Down Under.

MCObray

Explorer
Headed eastbound over the Cascades via HWY-20/HWY-22... I love this drive!
GOPR2324.jpg

GOPR2325.jpg

GOPR2327.jpg

GOPR2332.jpg

GOPR2334.jpg

GOPR2335.jpg

GOPR2336.jpg

The result:
securedownload-3-2.jpg

securedownload-2-3.jpg

securedownload-12.jpg

MCObray

Explorer
Got the IPF 968CSG installed with the help of NW99XJ.
securedownload-1-6.jpg

securedownload-13.jpg

securedownload-2-5.jpg

Regular beam (ARB Wiring Harness. IPF 820H Headlamps. IPF X4 Xenox Bulbs.):
GOPR2773.jpg

Regular beam (ARB Wiring Harness. IPF 820H Headlamps. IPF X4 Xenox Bulbs.) & IPF 968CSG (grille/rock guards on).:
GOPR2782.jpg

High beam(ARB Wiring Harness. IPF 820H Headlamps. IPF X4 Xenox Bulbs.):
GOPR2795.jpg

High beam (ARB Wiring Harness. IPF 820H Headlamps. IPF X4 Xenox Bulbs.) & IPF 968CSG (grille/rock guards on).:
GOPR2785.jpg

Overall, I am very pleased with the IPF products. The quality is great!

MCObray

Explorer
Took a trip out with the Salem Jeepers. We headed East into the Cascade Ranges to do some exploring in the new powdered that had accumulated the night before. Needless to say, we had an absolutely blast.
GoPro HD:
GOPR3193.jpg

GOPR3204.jpg

GOPR3205.jpg

GOPR3206.jpg

GOPR3207.jpg

GOPR3208.jpg

GOPR3213.jpg

GOPR3242.jpg

6% downgrade in unplowed powder :cool:.
GOPR3266-1.jpg

iPhone:
securedownload-14.jpg

securedownload-15-1.jpg

securedownload-3-3.jpg

securedownload-5-1.jpg

Our destination. Warm Springs Warming Hut.
securedownload-7-2.jpg

securedownload-8-2.jpg

Prime opportunity to do a little sledding.
securedownload-1-7.jpg

securedownload-12-1.jpg

This was a bit frightening to see. 3 teenagers in cruising in a newer Honda Civic, no snow tires, no chains, let alone brains. This was the highway off the trail and was unmaintained. I'm not sure what got into the 2 guys and 1 girl, but this was a very poor decision. Luckily for them, the Salem Jeepers happen to be at the right place at the right time. A member hooked up to them and took care of them for the most part. We unhooked them on the 6% downgrade and let them carry on. Funny enough they were trying to go North to Estacada, which would have took them into high elevations, a few members simply told them that was not going to happen in a Honda Civic.
securedownload-17.jpg

securedownload-18.jpg

Threw together a little video:
It was very sketchy coming back on Highway 22. Unfortunately just two miles out of the town of Detroit heading West bound, there was a gnarly crash involving a Izusu Rodeo. It was wrapped around the tree and did not look good. I have yet to find any news on it. Also experienced black ice on the way back, as well as a CEL. P0705 as a matter of fact, which I believe has to deal with the NNS. Overdrive wouldn't kick it. Overall it was a great trip.

Last edited:

Black Dog

Makin' Beer.
Funny enough they were trying to go North to Estacada, which would have took them into high elevations, a few members simply told them that was not going to happen in a Honda Civic.

We have a forest service road here that gps units always want to take people on that goes up over a pass and isn't plowed in the winter. It got to the point where the forest service put a gate over the road where the plows stop just to keep cars from trying. I've seen one 18 wheeler trying to go over that in the summer, I always wondered how me made the switch backs.

I got to pull a little 2wd pickup out of the snow this morning on my way to work, it was kinda fun!

MCObray

Explorer
We have a forest service road here that gps units always want to take people on that goes up over a pass and isn't plowed in the winter. It got to the point where the forest service put a gate over the road where the plows stop just to keep cars from trying. I've seen one 18 wheeler trying to go over that in the summer, I always wondered how me made the switch backs.

I got to pull a little 2wd pickup out of the snow this morning on my way to work, it was kinda fun!

Eh, now that's not good. It's probably a good thing the put a gate over that road because more times than not people would have just plug into where the needed to go and found themselves over-whelmed in the harsh conditions. Very nice! Snow is a lot of fun.

MCObray

Explorer
A few more photos from the run. Photos courtesy of Doug Pifer from Salem Jeepers.
6711498591_4c2b8b97a9_b.jpg

6711444455_e8fcf61435_b.jpg

Doug's Pup was quite the fan favorite on this trip. Boonie!
6711445669_b0eb158a2a_b.jpg

6711495495_9889553d34_b.jpg

6711495547_a7786ab123_z.jpg

Inside the Warming Hut.
6711496651_4a72e499f7_b.jpg

6711496847_11549d3c63_b.jpg

6711496193_b823c7e05b_b.jpg

MCObray

Explorer
Found your thread, great one!

Thanks Frank! I find myself wanting to bump up n' inch or two, but then that means new tires, new tires also means lower gears, etc. The list goes on and on, but at the moment I am very content of the capabilities of my Jeep.

Frank

Explorer
I've been big and now want to go small. lol. I got rid of my "big" jeep...now have a bone stock one and want to go with the OME suspension as you have. Your suspension looks to be perfect for what you do. If we weren't so far apart, id offer to buy your suspension from you! Shipping would SUCK!

MCObray

Explorer
I've been big and now want to go small. lol. I got rid of my "big" jeep...now have a bone stock one and want to go with the OME suspension as you have. Your suspension looks to be perfect for what you do. If we weren't so far apart, id offer to buy your suspension from you! Shipping would SUCK!

Yeah I don't want B-I-G. I just want another inch. I'll eventually add JKS ACOS, OME Heavy Duty Coils, OME NitroCharger Sport Shocks, OME 3.5" Leaf Springs, Currie Upper & Lower Control Arms, Currie Steering, AA SYE/ Tom Woods Driveshaft, 33 BFG KM2s/ATs, 4:56 Gears, F&R ARB Lockers, ARB Bull Bar, and some type of Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier. That will be my finished product.

I will always run OME Suspension.

Last edited:

MCObray

Explorer
33s and 4.56s are great for XJs. Its big but not BIG nor is it obnoxious.

Yeah that's what I have heard. Plus to me, it seems like an ideal size because it will still be good on-road. The only problem I see is trying to make that fit at 3.5" ride height because I want to keep my stock flares. In that case i'll just go with 255/75/17 on AEV Pintler Beadlocks :).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach