A 1/2 Ton In The Making

kozmobrown

Looks good. Can you get a pic of how you ran the wiring from the rack lights to the inside of the cab? Did you need to drill through the cab?

Ala5ka

VX'er
I drilled in through the camper shell and sealed the hole with silicone, I ran the wire through a plug in the back of the cab under the plastic along the side, under the carpet to the dash panel

jackflash

Observer
Nice work all around.

"Alaska...Pissing Off Texas Since 1959"

I'm from Texas, and when I saw that I started laughing, mainly because it is true. I think Alaska is about the only state that can do that too.

Silverado

Adventurer
Did you go with the HD series of Bilsteins?

I would check out some of the factory ford electric fan setups over buying the aftermarket junk. The Ford Focus dual fans are by far the most popular "junkyard" swap nowadays with the 4 wheeler and hotrodding guys. I don't know how big the f series radiators are but those might be worth looking into since you can usually pull a pair for under a $100 at a junkyard or even less $$$ looking on eBay and they flow a lot of air!

P2270789.jpg

Also..... 2005-2007 classic GM fullsize trucks come with some hefty Dual fans as well. Even my 2006 base model work trim silverado has them.

674-00923-01.jpg

Last edited:

Ala5ka

VX'er
I did go with the hd Bilsteins and they do rock but they were a pain to install, electric fans and rock sliders are the next thing to add along with airbag helpers funds permitting. Thanks for all of the feedback and I welcome any and all ideas.

Ala5ka

VX'er
As far as the electric fans, do they come with a thermostat already installed or do I have to add one?

Ala5ka

VX'er
So I take regular trips from Arizona to California and back, what do you think I need for that, mainly I'm looking to save gas. I also take a few trips from the states up north (Alaska) every once in a while, what do you think is imperative for that trip?

D

Deleted member 9101

As far as the electric fans, do they come with a thermostat already installed or do I have to add one?

Buy the universal wiring kit and it comes with everything you need to hook it up. Remember to get one with the A/C wire, if not you have to add it.

Ala5ka

VX'er
I just found rear diff armor from Solid Axle that comes with the hardware and silicone for only $64, next month we can see that one going on there. Got an old CB today and I only need an antenna and wiring to finish it all off

Ala5ka

VX'er
I just found a new rear bumper that has the tow points I need for on $60 on CL but I think I might have to cut off the shiny Magnaflow tips the previous owner installed.

Hill Bill E.

Oath Keeper
Nice build!

I also have an '02 FX4 (still all stock-I dump my money ino my Jeeps!:snorkel:)

I like how you have an actual T-case shifter, I have that stupid turn knob on the dash, that activates an electric motor.

Going to have to upgrade to a mechanical shift!

Ala5ka

VX'er
I was hoping to get out this weekend for a little fun but the $$$ is tight and I think I'll wait until after I fab a new bumper and sliders, just need to find space and a welder someone will let me use

Ala5ka

VX'er
Next up, rear bumper, bedlined rockers, differential cover, sway bar quick disconnects, rock sliders

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk