Abandoned/derelict sites

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Those are pretty cool Crom. Reminds me of the archives from the NASA heritage sites that I linked too a while back.

I also just saw this article today. Really cool stuff floating out there in the Saudi desert
http://www.visualnews.com/2015/01/13/concrete-skeletons-abandoned-hotel-projects-sinai-peninsula/
Stefanie-Zoche-Sinai-Hotels-3.jpg

Aquafbody

Adventurer
To anyone in colorado

51Ny%2BdJ8H%2BL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Here are a few of the places I've been in the book. Unfortunetly only two of these photos are my own. Props to OP

Colorado_mill_flat.BAJPG.jpg

d78b6fb8-00b5-4a18-a0a6-4c72050b36b0.jpg

Nevadaville_Colorado_Ghost_Town_0002.jpg

IMG_6562.JPG

ArgoPortal.jpg

I like tunnels and mines if no one noticed:rappel:

Last edited:

java

Expedition Leader
/snip

I like tunnels and mines if no one noticed:rappel:

Wish we had a book like that for WA!

Here is a tunnel for you. Old Cascade tunnel, Wellington WA
14495180433_c7e34d6063_c.jpg

And the new one for good measure, longest tunnel in the US at 7.79 miles.
15459490965_5a06eab772_c.jpg

Wellington was the site of the deadliest avalanche in US history, 96 souls in 1910. A blizzard for nine days of February, up to a foot an hour at times fell, with one of the days recording 11 feet. Talk about a polar vortex!

Doc Foster

Adventurer
Navajo Reservation in Arizona

701054876_CNjbc-L-1.jpg

This was creepy because I felt like I was being watched the entire time we were walking around taking photos. In the 1/2 hour, we never saw anyone, but I knew someone was watching us from behind some rock or abandoned building

I was there this summer. It has been lived in for years and is now a trading post once again. Some nice stuff in there actually, my wife bought some nice local jewelry. The owner was quite nice and talkative if you asked the right questions. It is actually in Bluff, Utah, not on the Res, but the town borders the Navajo Res. The trading post is the front of the building, and they live in the back. Very cool building inside as well.

Last edited:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
At first I was going to post a picture of my garage as it is often mistaken for an abandoned site :sombrero:

Instead I started picking a few shots out from my blog such as:

Mojave Desert
NKN_3288-1.jpg

Near Williams Creek in Washington State
NKN_2164-1.jpg

White Pocket, AZ
Utah_2011+297.jpg

Mojave Desert
Mojave_Rendezvous+021.jpg

Site of the living quarters for the early superintendents of DV Nat'l Monument
Death+Valley+Dec_2010_+156.jpg

java

Expedition Leader
Wellington was the site of the deadliest avalanche in US history, 96 souls in 1910. A blizzard for nine days of February, up to a foot an hour at times fell, with one of the days recording 11 feet. Talk about a polar vortex!

Yes it is. The snow shed there is a pretty neat walk too. I couldn't for the life of me get any good pics, but there are plenty online.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3