About to take the plunge - 2001 Range Rover

David Harris

Expedition Leader
If you love Land Rovers because you think they're better built than Toyotas you're going to have a rocky romance.

True, but on the whole Rovers aren't that bad in the build quality. They just can't be run for ages without maintenance and continue to run like a Toyota. People drive Rovers because they have a unique personality and feel to them that the LC just doesn't have. For example, an acquaintance of mine used to drive a Disco for a long time and then switched to an FJ80. He remarked that the LR had a more responsive feel to it than the LC, which was much more truck like. I agree. Having owned a few myself, Toys are great utilitarian vehicles, but I personally find them boring compared to driving a LR.

By who? The rating agencies payed by Toyota? We all know how Consumer Reports can be trusted. The Trooper review they did really showed how they arent bias at all and tell the truth.

And last time I checked Land Rover dosnt have the blood of 40 plus people on their hands due to hidding known problems and lying to the public about the mats slipping while more people died. Really the mats? How ************* stupid is Toyota?

I guess you missed the memo about the NHTSA research into "unintended acceleration in Toyotas". In all but one case, the data logs in the black box showed that the driver had their foot on the gas, and not on the brake.

Oh, but wait, the NHTSA is a government run agency, and the government is just trying to punish Toyota to make sales of Government Motors higher. Damn, that doesn't work at all. How does that line go again? I can't keep my conspiracies straight anymore.

Looks like Toyota is has got those quality issues resolved

So we're going to criticize Toyota for going ahead and fixing their braking system, instead of just ignoring it like the 3 Amigos problem in the D2?

Since prop shafts dont explode,

Are you serious? They do just explode with little or no warning, leaving owners stranded, and often destroying the transmission.

L

LeoLR

I guess you missed the memo about the NHTSA research into "unintended acceleration in Toyotas". In all but one case, the data logs in the black box showed that the driver had their foot on the gas, and not on the brake.

Oh, but wait, the NHTSA is a government run agency, and the government is just trying to punish Toyota to make sales of Government Motors higher. Damn, that doesn't work at all. How does that line go again? I can't keep my conspiracies straight anymore.

So we're going to criticize Toyota for going ahead and fixing their braking system, instead of just ignoring it like the 3 Amigos problem in the D2?

Are you serious? They do just explode with little or no warning, leaving owners stranded, and often destroying the transmission.

Sure, you sleep better at night telling yourself this?

SeaRubi

Explorer
why is there a bunch of toyota vs rover garbage in here? This thread is supposed to be about how badly the Piece38 sucks, and why you shouldn't be buying them as one-time-use vehicles to take to moab on a set of 32" swampers prepped only with a 20lb box of Twinkies and cases of Steel Reserve.

seriously. who cares about brand wars?

cheers
-ike

AxeAngel

Expedition Leader

Internet tough guys and people that dont get laid a lot. Yotas are far easier to work on and likely more reliable, but I love my rover. I love my rover with a yota rear diff even more ;).

I will say a black p38 on 35" with full armor does look mighty sexy.

-Sam

David Harris

Expedition Leader
why is there a bunch of toyota vs rover garbage in here? This thread is supposed to be about how badly the Piece38 sucks, and why you shouldn't be buying them as one-time-use vehicles to take to moab on a set of 32" swampers prepped only with a 20lb box of Twinkies and cases of Steel Reserve.

cheers
-ike

Some boys from the Yota forum are over here stirring up trouble because we're having so much fun and they secretly want a LR. :ylsmoke:

muskyman

Explorer
How many people were seriously injured because their prop shafts exploded? How many people were injured when their front differentials exploded?

I have had a land rover for 3 years, now I have a land cruiser, its a better vehicle in my opinion.

better for what?

I wouldent trade my disco or a cruiser for what I do.

SeaRubi

Explorer
For commuting to school 50 miles each day, and going on long trips, while having a vehicle that is solid, reliable, and can wheel.

yeah but, your posts here seem to be in direct opposition to your Jesse James quote ... or did that only apply to yourself when choosing to drive a Toyota?

MatthewThompson

Adventurer
The world would suck if we all wore the same clothes and drove the same vehicles. Sometimes you have to make a decision like this based on emotion while keeping your eyes open. Nobody buys a Land Rover because it's the best solution to any given problem. We drive Rovers because we want to. A Cruiser is very cool and very capable, but just doesn't do it for me.

SeaRubi

Explorer
"prepped only with a 20lb box of Twinkies and cases of Steel Reserve."
-SeaRubi

damn, you saw me didn't ya.

No, I didn't - but I am encouraged that there are others! We're going to start our own club. Toyotas AND Rovers welcome :sombrero: We need some FJ55 owners. Love that bug eye front end. Plus they can store hella big loads of twinkies. And they'll look kick-*** in a convoy with 109's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy