Ace Vantura! ALLLLLLLLLLLRIGHTY then

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Good idea guido. I did manage to save one pulley, but everything else esp the pullies and belts were totally roasted. The mechanic asked if I had a fire up there.

I'll probably grab some spares next time I'm at Oreilly.

ohpyramids

Adventurer
IMG_0365.JPG

the goodies are coming! gonna be 2 tall 4 yall!

philos

Explorer
Also, I'm in Tujunga and would be happy to come help out with your swap as a little practice for when I get my pennies all saved up for mine.

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Thanks philos! Unfortunately I don't have the time or skills to do the swap myself. It's going to Nemanich automotive concepts in Arcadia.

I'm going to be handling the post swap burnout.

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Quick update. I've had the Ujoint parts in my possession for a while now. Took a slight financial detour from the build because I proposed to my girlfriend (who said yes!). We are very happy and are back on track for the van build. Lots of things in motion.

Front axle is at the shop- hope to have it back by then end of the week.

The toyo m/t tires are sold out locally, and the r/t don't have a ship date. I can get a set of the Cooper S/T Maxx though. I've been doing my homework, and they seem to be a great tire. A decent mix between all terrain and something more aggressive. There's a 2 day turnaround for wheels and tires right now. Hope to have it all together by the end of the month!

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Quick update.

6d06f6855b62a23b432587c02ec821d6.jpg

Front axle rebuild just got done today, wheels and tires arrived today, UJoint kit install coming asafp!

Went with black Method NV wheels and Cooper St Maxx tires.

So damn excited.

Yo, awesome!

When you thinking of starting the Pan-Am? We leave this May to hit Expo, follow the weather North up and over to Alaska, turn around and start our Pan-Am run. We're building out a 2001 7.3 cargo.

-John

ohpyramids

Adventurer
Wicked John! I'm trying to sort timing for expo now. Its a definite possibility. Panam is a medium term goal- 1-2 years.

Van update- 35's inside. She is at the shop for install. More pics soon.

5ef370f4798b634a31a4a132b4ea302b.jpg

If anyone wants to follow the van more closely check out the Instagram hashtag #aceVANtura4x4

Sounds great. We are planning on going slower than usual during our Pan-Am run depending on how well we can manage the budget. If we can't meet-up at Expo then maybe on the road. I'll keep an eye on your build for sure.

-John

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven