AEV 10 Gallon Fuel Tank

Scott Brady

Founder
More expedition-grade options from AEV:
155181-lg.jpg

4xdog

Explorer
Nice! Didn't see this on the AEV website yet, Scott. Applications beyond their bumper to other rear swingaways?

Don

Scott Brady

Founder
It is an AEV rear bumper application only. It really opens up the possibilities for better utilizing the space where the muffler is, like for a second battery, etc.

I think you should drive the AEV HEMI with the fuel carrier to the VT Rally and test it there. Bring along the newly designed AEV HiLift mount to test also. :)

JPK

Explorer
Wow, how ingenious. Similar to what I was expecting from some of the hints given here and there and on the AEV forum but way more form fitting. Pump? Gravity feed?

With the 18 gal Long Ranger auxilliary tank I have that would put me at 52.6 gals of fuel. More than I can foresee for my needs. But it would make fueling a generator or another vehicle a snap compared to Jerry cans, whether pump or gravity feed.

I wonder if it is suitable for potable water?

JPK

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
So I assume there will be some sort of pump to transfer the gas out of the tank?

AFAIK There has not yet been official word, but most people think it will have some kind of gravity feed to drain it into the vehicle.

-Dan

aristobrat

Observer
Dave just posted up that it's designed to siphon out with a shaker siphon -- the fuel tank remains in place. It sits higher than the Jeep fuel filler.

Scott Brady

Founder
We are installing a few tonight in Yuma and will post progress to this thread. Look for details starting around 7:00 pm or so.

Explore

Observer
Scott,
If Dave, Mike or Kent need another AEV to "test" one of these tanks on -just let me know.. I can be in Yuma in 2 1/2 hrs...

Justin

whiterubi

This makes my decision on what bumper/tire carrier to get so easy. Such an efficient way to store fuel.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete