AEV 10 Gallon Fuel Tank

Scott Brady

Founder
These tanks were so easy to install. We put five of them on the trucks in the parking lot of the hotel. Just a few minutes (maybe 15 if you are really taking your time) longer than just removing and reinstalling the spare.

aev_bumper_fuel_tank_480_360.jpg

Akecj7

Observer
These look great. Makes me want to get the bumper and tire carrier even more, now AEV just needs to release the Hi-Lift mounts.

AZUnlimited

Adventurer
Wow, these tanks look awesome!! I'll be interested to hear how easy it is to get all of the fuel out of them and if there is any noticeable expansion as temperature and elevation change.

Woodchuck

These look great. Makes me want to get the bumper and tire carrier even more, now AEV just needs to release the Hi-Lift mounts.

The Hi-Lift mount is also listed on quadratec's website, so I bet it comes out at the same time or shortly after.

JPK

Explorer
how do you fill it?

i cant imagine any gas station letting you fill a plastic can without having it sit on the ground.

So how do you fill the Jeep's oem tank? It's a plastic can and it isn't sitting on the ground either.

The answer is the same way you fill any tank, oem or auxilliary, that is mounted as opposed to a portable tank unmounted and loose.

On the question of what tire size, I know that 12.5"x37"'s will work with the tank. Maybe taller, but I suspect that wider would be an issue.

JPK

BadPunkin

Observer
On the question of what tire size, I know that 12.5"x37"'s will work with the tank. Maybe taller, but I suspect that wider would be an issue.

JPK

That's what I was worried about my Toyos are 13.5 wide mounted on 17s with 4.5" BS. My setup may be incompatible. Bummer. Looked like a great idea.

JPK

Since the wheel mount is adjustable on the carrier I would bet that Dave and crew took different offsets and widths into account.

fxk142

Observer
You could also bolt a 1" or 1.5" wheel spacer onto the carrier to push your tire out a little to account for wider tires or different back spacings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete