AEV Salta Wheels are now available!!

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
I agree.

I don't think there's anything from AEV that's worth the cheese. You can get better for less all over the place.
It's like the alligator on your polo shirt. It's not a better shirt.

specifically what comparable products are hands down better and cost less? just curious.

I did research from comments on another thread where several people were saying how much better various other lift kits were than AEV. Come to find out all of the so called "better" lift kits also costed about $1,000 + MORE than the most expensive AEV kit. They should be better than AEV.

Same for the bumpers, there is NO Directly comparable front or rear bumper. ARB front bumper maybe, but that is all I have seen.

for the AEV wheels, $225 each doesn't seen that steep to me for a 17" alloy wheel. How much less can you pay and still get true quality?

buy once, cry once.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I love the pintlers, Always have before I even owned my jeep. I saw them on another jeep here and said, I want those wheels. I had my patriot at the time and Could not get them, and they discontinued the bridger at the same time. I was SOL. until I bought my jeep. Now we have some extra funds to put into our toys, the pintlers are going on. As well I really am at the tipping point for getting the AEV bumpers, 2.5XT lift, and a few extras.

cmadison1980

CrossJeepLouisville
b30674f76153290397643fc2370d023e.jpg

65b57ed94bec99e653e60168d4476aab.jpg

1933c17f0ec34bbff264f8d2637a27e6.jpg

Salta with 37 inch ko2's

406to417

Explorer
I'm kinda over the valve stem protector . Has anyone actually ever had it save them? When I had Pintlers people would always say really nice wheels but whats with the ugly thing around the valve stems?

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
That Salta is a damn good looking wheel. I wish that it had been available before I bought my ATX Cornices.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
specifically what comparable products are hands down better and cost less? just curious.

I did research from comments on another thread where several people were saying how much better various other lift kits were than AEV. Come to find out all of the so called "better" lift kits also costed about $1,000 + MORE than the most expensive AEV kit. They should be better than AEV.

Same for the bumpers, there is NO Directly comparable front or rear bumper. ARB front bumper maybe, but that is all I have seen.

for the AEV wheels, $225 each doesn't seen that steep to me for a 17" alloy wheel. How much less can you pay and still get true quality?

buy once, cry once.
Specifically, product for product, with AEV, I'd start with what I know best: headlights.
They offer the IPF H4 as an "upgrade" when, in fact, the IPF isn't legal for use on roads in North America. It's junk. And AEV charges $200 for it.
An honest $200 upgrade for H4 headlights? Cibie and a pair of Philips bulbs. Runs circles around the stockers or IPF.

For a lift, what tires do you want to run? How much weight? I'd stick with Rock Krawler or Teraflex myself if I needed some height. But I honestly think that people over-lift around our passtime.
A JK doesn't need much altitude to overland; I plan to add an inch with Synergy springs.

kojackJKU

Yeah, Im on the other end. I think AEV is probably the best looking and performing setups for overlanding. Nope, you don't need the 4.5" lift, etc, I just put my call to my dealer to get a fully kitted JK200 sport in Hydro Blue. Waiting to hear back on price and scheduling. My wife and I were talking and We want our jeep the way we want it. New and warranty would be nice again too! having 157k on my rig is getting to me. but that's 4 years old now.

406to417

Explorer
Yeah, Im on the other end. I think AEV is probably the best looking and performing setups for overlanding. Nope, you don't need the 4.5" lift, etc, I just put my call to my dealer to get a fully kitted JK200 sport in Hydro Blue. Waiting to hear back on price and scheduling. My wife and I were talking and We want our jeep the way we want it. New and warranty would be nice again too! having 157k on my rig is getting to me. but that's 4 years old now.

While I do agree with you about not needing a 4.5 inch lift, you might rethink their 2.0 lift. I went this route for two reasons, one money and the second not needing/wanting much of a lift . Now, I am getting ready to put on a bumper and winch and I am concerned about the suspension being able to handle the extra weight. Wish I would of gone with the 2.5 inch lift.

Septu

Explorer
I say spend your money elsewhere. There are better wheels for less money that are also not hub centric, only they won't lie and pretend that they are.

I love the look of the Pintlers... I mean they look great, but are also simple/plain. However with the warranty issues (or lack there of) and the cost of them it's made it very easy to stick to my stock ones (especially as I'd need/want 8 so my trailer matches).

As for these wheels... they don't really do it for me (even if they came in argent). For me anyway, when it comes to wheels, simpler is better.

Septu

Explorer
I honestly think that people over-lift around our passtime.
A JK doesn't need much altitude to overland; I plan to add an inch with Synergy springs.

Sure we do. And while I don't know about others... I personally LOVE the look of a lifted jeep. I have 3.5" and flat fenders, and only plan on going with 35s (33s currently, but just ordered my 35s). I think how high one wants to go is almost as much as a personal thing as what bumper or fenders you like.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
When the OP first posted up the picture of this wheel bare, I thought it looked like a nice addition to the AEV lineup, which is pretty stale now.
Seeing them with tires mounted on that white JK looks awesome, even taking away the lovely model standing in front.
Back in the days of cheap rubber stems, I used to keep a few spares in the tire kit, along with the tool to install them. I've ripped a few off over the years in big loose rocky areas.
Now with TPMS sensors, I'd be really wallet hurt, if I ripped one of those on the trail.
That said, I'm about 90% sure this time I'll go with Hutchinson wheels. DOT compliant beadlocks, and made in the U.S. Both mean a lot to me.
If AEV could find a way to get their wheel production out of China, at $200 less/wheel than the Hutchinsons, it would definitely complicate my wheel choice.

kojackJKU

While I do agree with you about not needing a 4.5 inch lift, you might rethink their 2.0 lift. I went this route for two reasons, one money and the second not needing/wanting much of a lift . Now, I am getting ready to put on a bumper and winch and I am concerned about the suspension being able to handle the extra weight. Wish I would of gone with the 2.5 inch lift.

with the max tow package, which includes heavier springs. even with the 2.0 lift, it sits fine for me. AEV's bumpers are not near as heavy as most of the other offerings. I have seen photos of the JK200 fully kitted out and it sits damn near perfect for my needs. I am confident in the jeeps abilities with this setup for my usage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman