All-Pro Offroad’s newest Expedition Tacoma Build - APex1 " Brownie "

All-Pro Offroad

Supporting Sponsor - All-Pro Offroad
What about custom fuel tanks to extend the range?

That is a great idea! We might have to look into this further...

Loaded question....

Super Charger and tune
Rock-Jock 60 up front. :D

So beef it up a bit... We like your style :D

Who makes the wheels? Looks awesome.

These are Walker Evans Beadlocks that we had painted to match.
For more info on these check out our website: https://www.allprooffroad.com/fjaccessories/fjwalkerevanswheels

From Alberta real close by, brownie build is awesome, how is it holding up as far as alignment/ifs is concerned with the big tires?
And just start building more 1 gen tundra parts and you'll be hearing from me!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!! It is holding up excellent! We haven't had any issues.

We have our PackRack and Sliders ready to go and are hoping to tackle the front bumper soon :D
Thanks for all your interest and support!

I would like to see you put it through the paces for 100k miles and report the findings in this thread. I am very curious to see a "case study" for a completely awesome and professional build such as the Brownie.

That would be something awesome to do and report! We like your thought process!

If you build Increased fuel capacity tanks, I'd be happy to beta test. You are already sending sliders to me in VT... :)

Beta test or just buy when ready - I'd kill for a 40 gal tank (happy to remove my spare to do this) and I'd pay plenty for a 33 gal tank (and would still happily move my spare). There's a demand and you know you want to do it...

All-Pro Offroad

Supporting Sponsor - All-Pro Offroad
If you build Increased fuel capacity tanks, I'd be happy to beta test. You are already sending sliders to me in VT... :)

Beta test or just buy when ready - I'd kill for a 40 gal tank (happy to remove my spare to do this) and I'd pay plenty for a 33 gal tank (and would still happily move my spare). There's a demand and you know you want to do it...

You all just might end up making us come up with something here ;)

neliconcept

Spirit Overland
decided to bump!! love the truck, been debating on a full size but this one looks good. Are all of the wheeling shots (besides Moab) in Montana? If so.. I think i need to vacay!

tacoma_AL

Adventurer
How are you liking the RCV axles up front ( if you're still running them )? Do they turn the weak point of the IFS from the axles to the Diff? I'm curious as I've been tossing around the idea of picking up a set, once I start my rebuild. I just don't see a lot of info about them out there for IFS guys.

Also loving this build, makes me want to find a newer Gen Tacoma! Thanks for any info guys, Hudsen

Clutch

<---Pass
Should we do anything else to Brownie or leave it as is?

Or a better question...

If it was yours, what would you add to it?

Super Charged 5.7 swap...with the Tundy's 6 speed tans and paddle shifters...

Toyota-Tacoma-X-Runner-RTR-3.jpg

JonB

Observer
decided to bump!! love the truck, been debating on a full size but this one looks good. Are all of the wheeling shots (besides Moab) in Montana? If so.. I think i need to vacay!

Thanks!

Yes most of the photos are from Western Montana, besides the obvious ones from a couple of Moab trips this year.

JonB

Observer
How are you liking the RCV axles up front ( if you're still running them )? Do they turn the weak point of the IFS from the axles to the Diff? I'm curious as I've been tossing around the idea of picking up a set, once I start my rebuild. I just don't see a lot of info about them out there for IFS guys.

Also loving this build, makes me want to find a newer Gen Tacoma! Thanks for any info guys, Hudsen

I had to take the RCV's out because of grease leaking from the outer CV boot. They sling grease all over the inner tire and brakes. They are currently working on a better sealing system for the outer CV and they are hoping to have it figured out by the end of the year. As soon as they get that issue fixed they will be going back in the truck.
They are much stronger than stock and would move the next weakest link to the diff. That is really not a bad thing though, your overall front end strength is greatly increased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal