All-Pro Offroad’s newest Expedition Tacoma Build - APex1 " Brownie "

SGTCap

Adventurer
Any reliability issues so far? IFS has its limitations for sure, but I am wondering how the drivetrain has been holding up. Are 35-37s giving the axles, T-Case, and CVs hell?

~Casey

Curious how the 37s are working out as well. 35s seem like they require almost the same amount of modds and money to fit and 37s can be found cheaper. I'm curious how they are working out.

JonB

Observer
Curious how the 37s are working out as well. 35s seem like they require almost the same amount of modds and money to fit and 37s can be found cheaper. I'm curious how they are working out.

I love the 37's!
They do require a little extra work for fitment compared to 35's but for me it's well worth it. I have been doing a lot of wheeling in the snow this spring and the extra flotation and bigger footprint seem to keep me moving forward instead of downward. Lol

No reliability issues so far but I know the trucks limitations and try not to exceed them.
I have 4.88 gears with the factory 8" and E locker and it has held up well so far but I am changing the rear axle housing out for an 8.4" out of a sport model with an ARB air locker. The 8.4" is supposed to be 20% stronger than the 8" E locker. The axles, brakes and mounting points are all the same.

SGTCap

Adventurer
Thanks for the information. Seems like a good way to go. Do you think they would have fit without the long travel?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

JonB

Observer
No I don't. Our long travel kit actually move the wheel forward about 3/4" to help with clearance.

Wainiha

Explorer
Someone told me the ring gear on the 8.4 is actually the same as the 8. Is that true? Is the only difference in the bearing caps?

JonB

Observer
Someone told me the ring gear on the 8.4 is actually the same as the 8. Is that true? Is the only difference in the bearing caps?

The ring gear is the same diameter, why they call it an 8.4" I don't know. The strength comes from the pinion diameter being .200" larger and having a larger pinion bearing as well as being 30 spline versus 27 spline. The diff bearing caps are also bridged across the diff which helps prevent bearing movement and the ring gear from walking away from the pinion gear under load.

All-Pro Offroad

Supporting Sponsor - All-Pro Offroad
We were able to get another amazing accessory added last week.

FrontRunner Slimline2 roofrack!

We modified the dbl cab mounting brackets to work with our access cab and drilled the 4 necessary holes in the cab.
We are working with FrontRunner to offer this modified bracket for those who are wanting to finally add a roof rack to their access cab.

**update** not sure why but it is not allowing us to upload any photos currently - or attach them..
We will try to get these uploaded as soon as it allows us!

Last edited:

seanb33

We modified the dbl cab mounting brackets to work with our access cab and drilled the 4 necessary holes in the cab.
We are working with FrontRunner to offer this modified bracket for those who are wanting to finally add a roof rack to their access cab.

Pictures or it didn't happen!

Scott Brady

Founder
That should look great. I have a Slimline on my G-Wagen, and it is a nice quality (and lightweight) rack.

**update** not sure why but it is not allowing us to upload any photos currently - or attach them..
We will try to get these uploaded as soon as it allows us!

stroM-

Observer
Here are the photos of the rack for those wondering!

5-5-14_front_runner_rack_009.JPG

5-5-14_front_runner_rack_010.JPG

5-5-14_front_runner_rack_004.JPG

5-5-14_front_runner_rack_013.JPG

5-5-14_front_runner_rack_014.JPG

pray4surf

Explorer
For someone using an RTT on these racks (which are pretty cool IMO). Are any of you also using the slip on annex/changing room too? If so, is there enough headroom?

Individual truck surely comes into play; suspension/lift/tires...

Personally, I've had my RTT at that 'mid' height before and even at 5'9" I had to stoop, plus the annex walls would billow in any winds.

Specifically, to the OP - All-Pro - your hoops are comprised of four bends. Was this an aesthetic choice to add two bends at the bottoms of the hoop legs? Or is there a engineering/design preference to the legs attaching to the rails vertically? "|" vs "/"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman