All purpose everything trailer build

80DDYota

sweet trailer I like it. What does it weigh? I have herd the composite is heavy stuff

As soon as I'm done, I will need to go weigh it. The benefits of the fake wood out weigh the weight of the stuff. I like it for trailer uses.

80DDYota

Time to get working on the tailgate.
Photo165.jpg

But first I have to make the hinges.
Photo166.jpg

Photo167.jpg

Photo168.jpg

Photo169.jpg

Photo170.jpg

I didn't show it but, I welded a nut inside of the bottom tube of the tailgate. This is were it will hing. Having it pivot from the side will keep dirt and crap from getting stuck while closing it.
Photo171.jpg

ready to move on......
Photo172.jpg

Thanks for checking it out.

sapper

Adventurer
Great work. I had seen your progress for a while. Looking forward to getting home and startung work on my M101A2.

80DDYota

Great work. I had seen your progress for a while. Looking forward to getting home and startung work on my M101A2.

Thank You, it has been fun, now that it's all coming together. I'll look for your build when you get going on it.

80DDYota

I skinned the tailgate today, and did some painting inside of the side storage.
Photo181.jpg

Photo183.jpg

Photo180.jpg

Photo185.jpg

The end result, ahhhhhhh finished with the box, now on to the goodies.
Photo187.jpg

Photo186.jpg

Now for the generator and some diamond plating for the tounge.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
80DDYota:

You have some very nice rigs in your driveway!
The early bronco and jeep pick up are way cool!
keep the build pictures coming.

Mark

80DDYota

80DDYota:

You have some very nice rigs in your driveway!
The early bronco and jeep pick up are way cool!
keep the build pictures coming.

Mark

Thanks, the Jeep is a 1969 Kaiser M715. It has a Ford turbo diesel, 5 Speed, front and rear disc brakes, Dana 60 front , Sterling 10" rear, hydro brake, hydro assist steering, 40" tires and 20" wheels. I have been finishing up on some stuff to get it going. It will be running in Veg oil, a 80 gal or 60gal tank will be in the bed.
Can't wait to get it going.

80DDYota

Well, between 660 - 700lbs, I'm gunna go with 700lbs. My axle max is 1800lbs, my tongue weight right now is light. The gene will fix that, no tracking issues, pulls nice, tongue length is nice for easy back up. I think its good to go.

Last edited:

80DDYota

pics of m715 absolutely necessary! or a build thread link at least.

This weekend I will be working on the battery trays and tranfer case linkage. I'll ask my buddy if he wants me to post some pics. He has a thread in M715 forum but, it is hard to navagate threw. I might sneek some in too........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater